Travel Experiences Coordinator (Product Coordinator)
- Discover Canada Tours
- Full Time |
- 636 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Are you a dedicated individual with a passion for exploration and adventure? As a full-service Travel Management company, we specialise in providing exceptional local travel experiences coupled with a dynamic and enjoyable office atmosphere. We understand the allure of discovering new destinations, and that’s why we offer fantastic travel perks alongside abundant opportunities for personal and professional growth. Join our team and immerse yourself in a vibrant workplace where your hard work is rewarded and your love for travel is celebrated. Your journey to a fulfilling career starts here.
Discover Canada Tours specializes in providing the best experiences in Western Canada through continuously developing innovative year-round tours. We focus on adventurers of all ages by committing to provide our guests with unforgettable, authentic travel and sightseeing experiences for the best value. Our objective is to share our love of Canada with the world! Our adventurers are always our top priority and we strive to give each and every adventurer “the time of their lives”.
Founded as a division of Uniglobe Specialty Travel Ltd. in 2005, DCT is a local family owned and operated business located in downtown Vancouver. Over the years we have evolved to accommodate a diverse array of adventurers from all corners of the world. Our portfolio of brands under Discover Canada Tours include: Discover Canada Student Adventures, Destination Snow, West Trek, West Trek Social Club, and most recently Discover Vancouver Tours.
We are looking for passionate people who bring a commitment for excellence and teamwork to join us.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Reporting to the Product Supervisor, the Product Coordinator will be primarily responsible for the development of custom and scheduled tours for their assigned division(s). This includes creating attractive proposals that understand the needs of each brand’s clients as well as continuously evaluating our scheduled tour products to ensure we are showcasing the best itineraries and suppliers.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Share your love of Canada by building unique itineraries and packages that will impress customers
– Generate new group business for your assigned tour division by creating exceptional and competitive group proposals based on client requirements and budget
– In consultation with the Product Supervisor utilise pricing templates and research similar products to set prices that will provide good value to the clients while meeting profit margin targets.
– Assist with the planning for the scheduled tour series dates and generating ideas for new scheduled tour series that are best suited to your assigned division(s)
– Identify new & unique tourism products including accommodation options and activity suppliers that we can add to our itineraries and work with marketing team to promote these experiences
– Become an expert on your assigned division’s current scheduled tours and take accountability for product quality and guest experience. This includes travelling on our tours from time to time.
– Continuously evaluate itineraries and make improvements where possible based on feedback from the operations team, clients and tour guides.
– Train operations, sales, and marketing teams on all assigned products
– Stay on top of new tourism products by attending trade shows, site inspections, and occasionally travelling on familiarisation tours
– Verify products on our booking system and third party sites and our own marketing materials to ensure all information is correct
– Work with our marketing team to edit marketing material and websites, ensuring product integrity
– Assist in Loading tours into the booking systems
– Work closely with the Tour Operations & Logistics Supervisor and – Operations Coordinators to ensure the operations team is aware of all scheduled and custom tour supplier blocks and understands all of the cancellation deadlines, reporting requirements, etc.
– Excellent destination knowledge of Western Canada
– A passion for travel and for the tourism industry
– College diploma or university degree with a focus in Travel & Tourism preferred
– Minimum of two years operations experience in the tourism industry with a focus on group travel
– Ability to plan, organise, set priorities and manage processes efficiently on a daily basis
– High proficiency in excel and Google sheets
– Excellent communication skills and a strong command of English
– Ability to multi task and manage your time effectively
Position Attributes, Objectives & Expectations
– Ability to take full ownership of your projects and see them through from start to finish
– Willingness to go above and beyond
– Enthusiastic, optimistic, accommodating, energetic, verbal and active within a team environment.
– A terrific collaborator, able to partner effectively across teams to arrive at the best solutions
– Attention to detail with excellent organisational and time management skills
– Enjoy working in an office environment
– Self motivated and positive, professional approach to customer service
– Commitment to the company’s objectives and values
– A great colleague – the kind of person people love working with
– Able to thrive in environments with a certain amount of ambiguity and that evolve rapidly in response to a changing external environment
– A typical week consists of Mon – Fri but please note there are instances in the summer where you could be assigned Saturday or
– Sunday duties occasionally depending on the operational needs of the company.
– Office hours will be 9:00am – 5:30pm
Before you apply:
Take some time to understand what we stand for through our Mission, Vision, Purpose and Core Values
UNDERSTANDING OUR MISSION
To be internationally acclaimed and known as the number one tour company in Canada. When travellers think of Canada, they think of Discover Canada Tours!
UNDERSTANDING OUR VISION
Sharing our love of Canada with the World. We want to showcase everything we love about Canada and ensure that we provide our guests with an unforgettable, authentic experience for the best value possible. Our adventurers are always our top priority!
UNDERSTANDING OUR PURPOSE
We strive to be the leading Canadian tour operator by offering cost-effective, unique travel options to adventurers of all ages and budgets throughout Canada; always putting the adventurer first. We aim to become a sustainable, environmentally friendly company, giving back to the communities that most need our help.
OUR CORE VALUES
“Live the Adventure” – Work hard, Play Hard attitude to all life’s adventures.
“Teamwork is Dream Work” – Working as a collaborative and accountable team allows us to achieve the impossible. When our goals are achieved we celebrate together!
“Go the Extra Mile” – Our Adventurers come first so we aim to give them the “time of their lives” on our trips. We are committed to go above and beyond to achieve this belief.
“Have Fun Doing It” – We believe in the importance of a well-balanced and healthy lifestyle. Life is an adventure and we should be having a fun time living it.
$40,000 - $48,000 plus benefits
What we offer: - Travel on our tours and Fams with our activity suppliers - Discounts on personal travel - Team events and excursions - Working in a small company that is constantly innovating and evolving - Multi-national team - Competitive salary and benefits package - An open, friendly and energetic work environment where every voice is heard
Job Application Process
Please include your resume and cover letter in your application.Apply Now