- Parq Vancouver Resort & Casino
- Part Time |
- 39 Smithe Street Vancouver
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Parq Vancouver is Where Vancouver Plays.
Featuring a beautiful casino, high-end salons, restaurants, entertainment, bars, patios, and hotels all under one roof, Parq is where Vancouverites and visitors alike come to have fun with friends and family in a vibrant and memorable environment unlike anything else in the city.
We are proud to celebrate Vancouver, its beauty, and its people, which we do through creating unique experiences, offering high quality amenities, and building relationships with locals, visitors and like-minded businesses.
The Promotions Ambassador brings to life casino events and promotions including daily draws, tournaments, ballroom style dinners, concerts, grand openings and more. If you enjoy interacting with people, providing excellent customer service and have a strong stage presence, this is the role for you. Enhance your professional development and cultivate experience in Event Marketing with this fun and engaging hands on role.
WHY WORK AT PARQ
• Extended Health and Dental Benefits!
• RSP/RRSP Matching!
• Employee and Family Assistance Program!
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 20% off at Parq Food & Beverage Outlets!
• Discounted rates at local businesses within the community!
• Volunteer opportunities!
• Employee Recognition Program!
• Opportunities for growth and development!
• Companywide events!
• Refer a Friend Program!
Responsibilities & Qualifications
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be very well versed on casino promotions and events and be able to effectively communicate details to guests in person
• Responsible for all draw operations and hosting including set-up, facilitation and teardown
• Responsible for all announcements on the PA system leading up to daily draws
• Engage customers during promotional draws and answer any questions about the promotion
• Troubleshoot operational issues and guest enquiries that take place
• Be an ambassador for the Parq Vancouver brand by providing exceptional customer service daily
• Encourage customers to sign up for the Encore Rewards Program, talk about promotions and property amenities and assist them with kiosk functionality
• Engage customers with the daily draws by explaining the draw activation, draw procedures and draw game concept both ahead of the draw and during the draw itself
• Provide customer support on promotional terms and conditions
Events & Filming
• Support the development, planning and facilitation of large scale events including but not limited to: dinners, concerts, parties and grand openings
• Play a key role in event set up, registration, tear-down and overall event execution
• Assist with any special requests from guests, clients and promoters during special events
• Act as property filming liaison for film and tv productions during prep, shoot and wrap
• Take a regular inventory of marketing materials to ensure adequate stock
• Handle organization of the marketing storage rooms
• Assist with other administrative tasks/duties as assigned by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Graduate and/or College Diploma
• Confident with public speaking in front of crowds
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Proven superior customer service experience
• Works well individually and in a team setting with little or no supervision
• Friendly, professional and outgoing demeanor
• Bilingual in English and Chinese is an asset
• Basic computer knowledge in Microsoft Office programs
• Flexible time to allow a work schedule that accommodates the operational needs of a 24/7 casino, will be required to work evening, weekends and holidays
CERTIFICATES AND/OR LICENSES REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to obtain a valid GPEB registration
• Ability to complete all BCLC required trainings
• Serving it Right Certification
• Able to lift, handle, and transport materials that are over 30lbs
• Required to sit, stand and walk during working hours
At Parq Vancouver, we believe in fostering a culture of connection, care, responsibility and sustainability. We’re honored to be recognized with the Untapped 2022 Workplace Inclusion Champion Award for Medium & Large Businesses. We are committed to cultivating and preserving a safe, respectful and diverse work environment for all our associates. Parq welcomes all interested applicants to apply to our positions! If you require assistance or accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us.
We would like to acknowledge that at Parq Vancouver we live and work on the unceded traditional territories of the Coastal Salish peoples of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations
Job Application Process
Please apply onlineApply Now