Raft Guide – Trip Leader
- Kumsheen Rafting Resort
- Full Time |
- 1345 Trans Canada Hwy Lytton
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Kumsheen is looking for Raft Guide Trip Leaders to join our team of energetic, adventurous, and friendly staff. This is a great opportunity to work & live in one of the most beautiful areas in BC, at an incredible family-run adventure resort.
About the position:
Full-time Trip Leaders at Kumsheen work from April/May until September/October. Most days are spent on the Thompson River guiding full or half-day trips on oar rafts or motorized power rafts through the best large volume whitewater in BC. When not needed on the river, Kumsheen TL’s work at the Resort doing a variety of maintenance jobs to ensure full-time hours. In addition to leading rafting trips, our Trip Leaders are also responsible for providing positive leadership for all guides and other Kumsheen staff. They contribute to maintaining Kumsheen as an industry leader through a high level of professionalism, innovation, and attention and care to guests, coworkers, and Kumsheen equipment.
The season for this position is from May 1st, 2024 – September 30th, 2024 with the potential to extend at the start and/or end of the season.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Key responsibilities include:
- Training and providing demonstrations to guests for rafting techniques and safety protocols
- Trip lead on the Thompson, Fraser, and/or Nicola Rivers to Kumsheen standards
- Provide an outstanding level of service to guests and coworkers on and off the river
- Lead daily meetings and post-trip debriefs with supportive and constructive feedback to team members
- Work with other TL’s and the River Manager to identify weaknesses & strengths amongst the guides, and develop strategies to allow the team to thrive
- Maintaining and monitoring rafting equipment for wear, demonstrate and execute high standard of equipment care
- Lead a positive and supportive team environment, while being patient and open-minded
- Regularly monitor and complete job list, ensure completion of jobs through delegation and leading by example
- Taking pride in a job well done, and proudly contributing to Kumsheen as an industry leader in rafting and resort operations
Trip Leaders work under the direction of the River Operations Managers and the General Managers. Our staff return year after year because the lifestyle and culture here can’t be beat!
Successful applicants will possess the following:
Our criteria for selecting guides are based as much on personality, amiability, and people skills as on whitewater skills and experience. We are always looking for honest, affable guides to work both full time and part time. We want the best.
Starting at $25.25/hr, plus great perks!
Employment perks include:
- Access to outdoor recreation in one of the most beautiful regions in BC (including some of the best whitewater in western Canada!)
- Steady 5-day on/2-day off work schedule
- Paid fam trips, motorized raft training, and overtime
- Access to subsidized resort-based staff accommodation
- Access to the Kumsheen Resort facilities (including pool and hot tub!)
- Professional workplace and equipment
- Opportunity to grow your career in the outdoor industry
- Restaurant and retail discounts, family/friend rafting passes, family accommodation discounts, and more!
Job Application Process
We pride ourselves on our talented and enthusiastic team members. If you think you’d be a great addition to our team, we’d be delighted to hear from you! Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now