Room Attendant – Housekeeping
- Hotel Grand Pacific
- Full Time |
- 463 Belleville St Victoria
- 5 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Located on Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour, on the traditional territories of the Lekwungen Peoples, the Hotel Grand Pacific is a proud member of the Preferred Hotels and Resorts collection of independent hotels. We’re looking for more Room Attendants to support our operations. As a member of the Housekeeping team, you will play an integral role in creating an exceptional experience for our guests.
We provide training and a structured work environment. Previous housekeeping experience is an asset but not required. This is a rewarding position for someone who enjoys working on their feet completing physical, repetitive tasks.
We offer the option to work full-time or part-time. Typical shift times are 8:30am-5pm but flexible arrangements can be discussed for candidates with conflicting obligations.
Employees receive a base wage as well as tips.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
· Efficiently clean all hotel guest rooms, including:
• Mopping bathroom floors
• Dusting furniture and vacuuming carpets
• Makings beds and changing sheets
• Cleaning all fixtures and appliances
• Emptying trash containers
· Maintain room supplies and amenities
· Report lost property to the housekeeping office
· Answer guest questions and provide basic information on facilities
· Follow all health and safety procedures as directed
What we’re looking for:
•Comfortable with repetitive and physically demanding work
• Good comprehension of English with ability to communicate at conversational level
• Dependable and professional with a high level of integrity
• Self-motivated – able to work independently and efficiently
• Excellent attention to detail
• Comfortable bending, crouching, kneeling
• Great interpersonal skills
*We thank candidates for their interest but are only able to consider candidates with valid legal authorization to work in Canada*
• Professional and supportive work environment with a high regard for employee safety • Onsite employee parking • Discounted membership for Victoria Athletic Club • Excellent employee meal program • Food discounts in both our Courtyard Café and Fathom Restaurant • Discounted hotel rates for family & friends • Employee discount available at other Preferred Hotels around the world • Excellent extended benefits (Life and AD&D, Health, Dental, Vision, and an Employee and Family Assistance program.) • A matching Defined Contribution Pension Plan & an RRSP program available when eligible. • Employee recognition & referral program • Treat days, employee events and an annual employee party • We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity and inclusion in our team • We support the development of our employees through internal job postings and cross-training.
Job Application Process
Please send your resume to the below email address. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Apply Now