Senior Line Cook
- Noir Kitchen
- Full Time |
- 3914 32 Street, Vernon, BC, V1T 5P1
- 2 position available
- Accessible Employer: No
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
As a Senior Line Cook, you will work with our passionate team of food lovers to create memorable experiences for our guests. Working with the Culinary Leadership team, you will work to execute the menu in line with our high standards and help to maintain cleanliness and sanitation standards in a very fast-paced and high-volume environment. You will also act as a coach or mentor for new employees and support the Culinary Leadership team with monitoring and tracking the location’s various Food Safety and Inventory Management programs.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Duties and responsibilities:
• Act as a model of best practices and organizational policies and procedures, including providing suggestions on training and development opportunities for the team.
• Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes, being careful to consider guest food allergies or intolerances.
• Manage food quality, portion control and plate presentation to provide a consistent experience for guests.
• Support Leadership team in our culinary direction by providing specials and new menu ideas.
• Work as a team to develop, maintain and follow best practices for food storage and use, ensuring the high standards of quality expected by our Leadership team.
• Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies.
• Inspect kitchens and food service areas to ensure that food safety practices are followed.
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment.
• Clean kitchen and work areas.
The ideal candidate for this role is:
• Dedicated to providing personalized and professional service to all guests, and to showcasing the local region.
• Able to withstand extended periods of standing, and other physically demanding conditions.
• Able to operate in a high-pressure environment and remain calm and focused in urgent situations.
• Able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as overtime from time to time.
• Able to read, write and communicate.
• Able to manage time efficiently.
• Able to pay strong attention to detail.
• Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
• At least two years of experience working as a Line/Prep Cook within one of the organization’s locations.
• Holds a valid FOODSAFE or Food Safety certification.
• Holds or is willing to work towards holding a First Aid, Level 1 certification.
• Holds or is willing to work towards holding a WHIMS certification.
What do we offer? • A fun and passionate team of food lovers. • This is a permanent full-time role (30-40 hours per week) • Compensation of $18 - $21.00 / hour (plus tips and gratuities) • Health care benefits. • Free parking. • Free meal and discounts in our restaurants and bars. • Hotel perks, too! Noir Food Services Ltd. adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all candidates to apply. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Application Process
Please email firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now