Senior Sous Chef
- Viaggio Hospitality Group/Parkhouse Holdings Ltd.
- Full Time |
- 1193 Denman Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6G 2N1
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: No
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: No
SENIOR SOUS CHEF – PAPI’S SEAFOOD AND OYSTER BAR
Viaggio Hospitality Group is one of British Columbia’s largest hospitality companies and is a leader in providing outstanding food and beverage experiences. We are a growing number of establishments, each with its own unique concept, Viaggio Hospitality Group’s mission is to provide a unified experience of exceptional service, quality, offerings and general hospitality.
There is something to offer for every type of guest; whether you’re looking for an upscale dining experience, a comfortable place to rest, a liquor store with impeccable selection, a beautiful course to swing some golf clubs, a lively night club or an exciting bar to catch the game, Viaggio Hospitality Group is yours to explore, enjoy and create lasting memories. Some notable establishments are the Downtown Moda Hotel, Ancora Waterfront Dining & Patio, Howe Sound Brewing, Cibo Trattoria, Viti Wine & Lager, Birchbank Golf Course and Papi’s Seafood and Oyster Bar.
Papi’s Seafood and Oyster Bar offers a menu of casual, seafood-focused dishes served in a spacious dining room, oyster bar and outdoor sun soaked patio overlooking English Bay. We are looking for an experienced, talented and passionate Senior Sous Chef to provide our guests with a memorable dining experience. The ideal candidate will have a sincere passion for hospitality and service.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
What You’ll Do:
– Must be able to lead and manage a large kitchen
– Supervise junior sous-chefs, specialty chefs and cooks
– Ensure food meets quality standards
– Prepare and cook food on regular basis, or for special guests and functions
– Responsible for food requirements and food cost and labour costs
– Responsible for inventory counts and reports
– Create and write recipes and plan menus
– Control food production to achieve maximum profitability
– Monitor, control, and enforce cleaning of all kitchen areas
– Maintain excellent communications between front and back of the house
– Recruit, hire and train staff
– Maintain dedicated and motivated staff
– Have a passion for food and service
What You Have:
· At least 2 to 3 years previous experience as a chef/cook in a supervisory role is required.
· Cook trade certification or equivalent training and experience.
· Enthusiastic and committed to guest satisfaction.
· Have a passion for food and service.
· Able to communicate in English.
· Must be legally authorized to work in Canada to be considered.
$60,000 to $65,000 per year
Benefits · Dental care. · Extended health care.
Job Application Process
Please submit you resume and cover letter by emailApply Now