Ski & Board School: Snowboard Trainers – CASI/GAP Programs and Sessions
- Big White Ski Resort
- Full Time |
- 5315 Big White Road
- 10 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Job Description- Snowboard Trainers
Big White Ski & Board School is looking for experienced, CASI Level 3 or 4 certified instructors; preference given to candidates holding their Level 1 or higher evaluator certification. If you aspire to join a strong team of trainers, we are looking for you to join our team for the 2022-2023 season. This is a seasonal, full-time position
Trainers will be providing training on the following two Ski & Board programs;
1) GAP training program,
2) In-house staff training program, snowboard instructors
Our GAP programs runs mid-January to the third week of March, Monday to Friday. The trainer’s day consist of up to seven (7) hours per day.
The goal of the GAP program is training the participants using the CASI methodology for teaching and skiing to the standard required for them to complete both the CASI Level 1 and 2 courses.
The in-house training program for the Ski & Board School runs throughout the season, Sunday through to Friday. The training programs focus on improving the product that our instructors deliver to our clients. Are focus is on developing our instructors teaching and riding capabilities so our clients get the best product possible.
Additional Duties and responsibilities include:
● Teach GAP and instructor training sessions following CASI teaching methodology and the Big White Ski & Board School’s progression levels
● Teach clients and demonstrate quality lessons at the ability level of your students
● Always working with safety in mind to safeguard guests and fellow workers
● Plan lesson content to create a safe and fun learning experience
● Evaluate instructors lessons at scheduled times, provide written and verbal feedback on did well and do better for staff evaluations
● Ensure effective public relations and problem solve as required
● Work cooperatively and maintain ongoing communication with other program trainers and staff
● Take appropriate action to deal with incidents and emergencies as outlined in Ski & Board School’s policies and procedures
● Responsible for the planning and implementation of safe, positive and fun snowboard lessons for participants 3 years and older.
● Attend all paid training sessions
● Be seen as a role model by the Ski & Board School instructors, foster an approachable, open level of communications
● Help to promote Ski & Board School programs
Responsibilities & Qualifications
■ CASI level 3 or international equivalent, holding level 1 evaluator certification is a great asset
■ Previous training of staff or GAP participants an asset
■ Previous snowboard instructing experience working in organized settings are definite assets.