Summer Historic Interpreter/Tour Guide
- Britannia Mine Museum
- Full Time |
- 150 Copper Drive Britannia Beach
- multiple position available
- Assessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: No
Be part of an Amazing Team!
Join our dynamic team on a beautiful historic site in Britannia Beach, overlooking the scenic Howe Sound. The team culture at the Museum offers you the chance to have fun while offering guests an incredible educational heritage experience. Once on board you will be able to dazzle your friends and family with historic, scientific and environmental facts!
Advantages to being on our team:
· Gain valuable public speaking and presentation skills.
· Discounts on retail, admissions, food and beverage.
· Meeting visitors from all over the world.
· Access to the Vancouver Tourism Passport Challenge program, with the chance to explore many attractions in Vancouver and the Sea to Sky Corridor for free.
Our Historic Interpreters truly are the “heart of the museum” and are responsible for delivering our public programs and tours; seasonal Interpreters join our regular staff team in delivering outstanding service during our busy summer season. You will be responsible to delivering Copper Quest tours, hosting our latest attraction, BOOM!, interacting with our visitors, keeping the site tidy, and communicating with our Admissions staff to ensure smooth operations.
You are a customer experience superstar! You are comfortable with public speaking and have a keen interest in history, geology, education, mining or environmental issues. You are excited to ensure visitors have a memorable visit to the Museum by offering an engaging and educational experience.
· Delivery of public tours/underground experience, including some pre-booked groups.
· Act as a host for BOOM!, the Museum’s newest multimedia attraction in Mill 3, including crowd control, show control operation, show introduction and visitor egress.
· Act as an on site ambassador to greet, assist and engage visitors on site. (This may include roaming interpretation, assisting visitors in their activities on site, e.g. how to gold pan, or engaging visitors while they wait for their underground tour.)
· Assist with the completion of daily and weekly duties to ensure excellent site standards, and positive visitor impressions are met.
· Contribute to regular staff meetings to ensure effective communication throughout summer.
· Adhere to all safety considerations, related operating processes and policies and for tours, shows, programs, and use of on-site equipment.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Your knowledge, skills and abilities include:
· Must enjoy interacting with people of all ages.
· Must have great communication skills, and can adjust your presentation to suit the group.
· You are a team player, dependable, adaptable, and know the importance of time.
· You can learn and memorize a significant amount of historic and scientific content.
· You are capable of performing all aspects of the position, including working outdoors in all weather conditions, ambulatory for majority of shift, and wearing necessary protective equipment and uniforms.
Schedule includes weekends and stat holidays
Other Important Information
· Britannia Mine Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
· You must be willing to complete a Criminal Record Check, as per the Museum’s policies.
· You must be legally entitled to work in Canada; some positions are grant funded through Young Canada Works and Canada Summer Jobs and further conditions apply.
19.00 per hour
Job Application Process
Share your resume and cover letter on the Britannia Mine Museum Careers Page https://careers.risepeople.com/britannia-mine-museum/en/6670_summer-historic-interpreter-tour-guide-OR send your resume and cover letter to email@example.comApply Now