Tour Costing Coordinator
- Journeys Across Canada Travel Inc
- Full Time |
- 305-1847 West Broadway Vancouver
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
JacTravel Canada is a receptive tour wholesaler -http://www.jactravel.bc.ca
We arrange customised tours for groups and FITs coming into Canada, Alaska and USA from overseas, in particular from Europe, Scandinavia, Australia and New Zealand. We produce an FIT tariff of tour packages throughout Canada and Alaska for the international tour markets and also sell online with a B2B booking system for tour operators.
The role is for our Product department where tour packages for both groups and individuals are created, designed and priced.
– Quoting of group and FIT tour requests: research, tour design, calculation of tour costs and sending written presentations to the client.
– Pricing and production of the winter and summer tariffs and website.
– Negotiating rates with hotels and other suppliers for group tour business.
– Updating rates in Excel and booking system
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Essential Skills required:
– Advanced computer skills especially Excel and Word.
– Numerical skills (in particular an understanding of formulae in Excel)
– A minimum of 2 years experience in tour operations and/or tour costing.
– Strong knowledge of North American geography and tourism products.
– A highly detail orientated approach to work and strong organisational ability.
– Fluency in English is critical.
– Good communication skills both written and verbal.
– A self-motivated individual who can perform well under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
Additional skills that would be an asset:
– Fluency in other European languages (e.g. German / Spanish / Italian / French)
– Experience in working with brochure design software e.g. InDesign.
– Experience in working with international tour markets.
Dependent upon experience
Company Benefit plan.
Job Application Process
Please send your resume to the attention of Gillian Beath at Journeys Across Canada: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now