White Water Rafting Junior Guide
- Canadian Outback Rafting Co
- Full Time |
- 12825 Squamish Valley Rd
- 5 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Canadian Outback first established its rafting operation in the beautiful Squamish Valley of British Columbia in 1995 on the Elaho, Squamish and Cheakamus Rivers, and most recently expanded to world-class expeditions in Northern BC, the Yukon, and Alaska on the Babine, Skeena, Tatshenshini and Alsek Rivers. Our trips vary from Class 1 and a couple of hours up to Class 4 and up to ten days.
As an active member of the British Columbia River Outfitters Association (BCROA), and of tourism associations in Vancouver, Squamish, Whistler and the Yukon, Canadian Outback has established itself as a trusted name in adventure tourism in Western Canada.
Now one of the highest volume rafting companies, CORC strives to be a leader both as an operator and employer in the rafting industry and tourism community. With the company’s busy pace and growth, our rafting guides get the opportunity to work on multiple varied trips and rivers, and receive ongoing training and growth opportunities, all in a fun and rewarding work environment.
CORC is looking for junior white-water rafting guides
Roles and Responsibilities
- Organize and assemble equipment required for each trip
- Apprentice under senior guides
- Guide commercial tour groups on class 2 and 3-4 white water rivers
- Enforce safety rules and regulations on and off the river
- Provide maintenance
- Provide high level of service to clients on and off the river
The Right Fit:
We are a leading-edge rafting company looking for someone who shares our core values and displays passion to accomplish our vision. Our success is derived from a commitment to always be improving both in our professional careers and our personal development. The white-water rafting trainees will report directly to the River Operations Manager and work with the Owner, Reservations Manager, as well as the reservations team to ensure the best possible client experience.
This is a full-time seasonal (May – September) position with compensation based on experience. Start dates in May and June 2023.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Must have 1+ years of experience instructing white water rafting (river log required to verify experience) OR must successfully complete our guide school and ongoing training.
- Swift-water Rescue certification an asset
- Must hold current First Aid certification
- Must hold BC River Outfitters Association Guiding License or equivalent for white water rafting (part of our course if you do not have one)
- Must be able to assess river conditions
- Must be able to lead groups
- White water kayak experience is a bonus
- Commercial Drivers licence a bonus (assistance available in obtaining this)
95-230 per day
Job Application Process
Please submit your application on our website: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/576afb9e70d446b3a15548cd97f00203oremail: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now