White Water Rafting Assistant Operations Manager
- Canadian Outback Rafting Co
- Full Time |
- 12825 Squamish Valley Rd
- 1 position available
- Accessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Canadian Outback first established its rafting operations in the beautiful Squamish Valley of British Columbia in 1995 on the Elaho, Squamish and Cheakamus Rivers, and more recently expanded to world-class expeditions in Northern BC, the Yukon, and Alaska on the Babine, Skeena, Tatshenshini and Alsek Rivers. Our trips vary from Class 1 and a couple of hours up to Class 4 and up to ten days.
As an active member of the British Columbia River Outfitters Association (BCROA), and of tourism associations in Vancouver, Squamish, Whistler and the Yukon, Canadian Outback has established itself as a trusted name in adventure tourism in Western Canada. Now one of the highest volume rafting companies, CORC strives to be a leader both as an operator and employer in the rafting industry and tourism community. With the company’s busy pace and growth, our rafting guides get the opportunity to work on multiple varied trips and rivers, and receive ongoing training and growth opportunities, all in a fun and rewarding work environment.
CORC is looking for a key team member to join as a leader in our operational department. This member would be involved in the co-managemnet of 30+ staff and ensuring the highest standards on and off the river.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Pre-season preparation of the business’ operational department
- Pre-season preparation of contingency and emergency plans
- Identify and delegate the needs of each rafting trip to river guides and trip leaders
- Staffing of river trips for both river guides and river drivers
- Provide risk assessment of technical procedures
- Organize and assemble equipment required for each trip
- Provide Trip Leader supervision and management
- Ensure a high level of service standard is met by all staff both on and off the water
- Client liaison — to liaise with clients and provide feedback to help marketing efforts
- Act as a CORC representative by fostering a high standard of professionalism in every functions and tasks
- Understand and role model company policy and standards in every aspect of functions and tasks
- Assist the management team in the development of new products and methods
- Identify inefficiencies and help develop sound alternatives
- Human resource management on an ongoing basis is a huge aspect of this role
- Assist in organizing employee excursions
The Right Fit:
We are a leader in the rafitng industry in BC and a fast-growing company looking for someone who shares our core values and displays passion to accomplish our vision. Our success is derived from a commitment to always be improving both in our professional careers and our personal development. The river manager will report directly to the owner and work with the Operations and Reservations Managers to ensure the best possible client experience.
This is a full-time seasonal (April – September) position with compensation based on experience.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Must hold a BC Trip Leaders rafting license (or equivalent) for a minimum of 3 active seasons
- Must hold current Swift-water Rescue Training level 3 or higher
- Must hold current 40-hour or higher, Wilderness First Aid or Occupational First Aid certification
- Must be able to conceptualize planning objectives and communicate needs
- Strong communication skills are a must
- Thorough, on the spot decision making in a fast-paced environment is a necessary skill.
- Thorough understanding of commercial river rafting standards
- Computer literate
4500-5500 per month
Job Application Process
Please apply by submitting your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now