Workplace Mental Health Coach
- Full Time |
- 1 position available
- Assessible Employer: Yes
- Open to International applicants with valid Canadian Work permits: Yes
Workplace Mental Health Coach
Position Location: Vancouver or Kelowna
go2HR is BC‘s tourism and hospitality human resource and health and safety association.
Our purpose is to drive strong workforces and safe workplaces that deliver world-class tourism and hospitality experiences in BC.
Our mission is to empower employers to have a strong human resource and health & safety culture that supports strong business performance.
– We offer programs, tools, information, and consulting services to elevate employers’ human resources and health and safety practices.
– We educate and train the current and future workforces.
– We inform government, stakeholders and communities on labour market conditions and strategy.
We are seeking a Workplace Mental Health Coach to join our team. Reporting to the Manager, Industry Human Resources & Mental Health, the role exists in partnership between go2HR and the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) BC.
This position is responsible for helping to promote, develop and deliver training, programs, resources and support for tourism and hospitality industry employers, with the goal of encouraging mentally healthy workplaces within BC’s tourism and hospitality sector.
This full-time, permanent position plays a critical role in bridging tourism and hospitality industry knowledge and expertise with workplace mental health and workplace psychological health and safety knowledge to help provide timely, relevant and practical resources and support for the sector.
As the Workplace Mental Health Coach you will be involved in a range of activities, including:
• Responding to employer and stakeholder inquiries; provide 1:1 guidance, resources and support related to workplace mental health and workplace psychological health and safety (PH&S) management systems
• Conducting industry outreach to promote and educate employers on available mental health/PH&S supports, resources and training; refer inquiries to other CMHA or go2HR program areas as appropriate (e.g. health and safety, human resources)
• Promoting enrolment and engagement within the Workplace CARE mental health training program for tourism and hospitality employers and employees; Build community and connection by monitoring and facilitating discussions on CARE forums, and provide referrals to additional mental health resources and educational opportunities, as needed
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with our partners at CMHA BC, industry employers, employees, key stakeholders and other partners
• Developing and facilitating presentations and training for industry employers, key stakeholders and industry events on topics including: general mental health information, workplace psychological health and safety, dealing with anxiety, building a positive workplace culture, stress management strategies, substance use and harm reduction, and other relevant topics to the tourism and hospitality sector
• Working in collaboration with the go2HR and CMHA team to develop and curate timely, practical content and resources for the Workplace Mental Health Hub website, relevant to the tourism and hospitality sector
• Provide informed input to support the continuous improvement and development of mental health services and resources provided to the tourism and hospitality sector
• Maintain accurate metrics and evaluation data
• Lead by example in ensuring all communications, training, and referrals support and promote equity, diversity and inclusion, including the use of non-judgmental and de-stigmatizing language related to mental health, psychological health and safety and substance use challenges
• This is not a counselling or crisis line position but there may be times when you need to direct individuals to those services
Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Minimum 4 years of full-time work experience in the tourism and hospitality industry, with at least 1 year of experience as a team leader, supervisor, or manager
• Education or certifications related to workplace psychological health and safety and/or workplace mental health (e.g. CMHA Psychological Health & Safety Advisor Certification, CMHA PH&S Navigator Training, CMHA Understanding Addiction), preferred
• Previous education, or experience in the areas of peer support, and/or adult learning considered an asset
• Relationship builder; demonstrated ability to employ strong interpersonal skills, professionalism and discretion in all interactions with colleagues and the public
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
• Proven organizational skills; Detail oriented, ability to manage time in order to successfully compete multiple, simultaneous projects well
• Strong public speaking skills; demonstrated ability to speak comfortably in front of groups, in-person and via videoconferencing software. Previous public speaking or training facilitation experience, preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and video conferencing platforms as a presenter/host (MS Teams and/or Zoom)
• Self-Starter; Demonstrated ability to work well independently with minimal supervision and collaborate within a team setting
• Demonstrated ability to work productively in a home-based/remote office environment; participate and contribute in online and in-person meetings and events
• BC Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle
• This position will be based in Kelowna or Vancouver, BC and travel around the region/area will be required. Candiates are required to be located within close proximity of either of these locations.
Job Application Process
go2HR is an inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. We offer attractive compensation, benefits and ongoing professional development. If you are an experienced tourism or hospitality leader who wants to contribute within a highly collaborative team to promote psychologically healthy workplaces within the BC tourism and hospitality industry, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter (please mention Workplace Mental Health Coach in the Subject line) to Christie Blaquiere: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now