Accounts Receivable Coordinator
Hours of Work:
Average 40 – 50 hours per week
(typical hours Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5pm)
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator liaises with all departments of the hotel and clients to ensure accurate and timely billing of our services to our tour and group clients. Also responsible for ensuring the hotel’s credit polices are adhered to, that accounts receivable are collected within terms and that the hotel’s exposure to bad-debt risk is minimal.
The Revenue Auditor position primarily deals with the allocation and auditing of revenues from the different outlets within the Hotel, as well as assisting other team members where appropriate.
· Excellent command of the English language – written and verbal
· Excellent time management skills to achieve reporting deadlines
· Knowledge of hotel accounting systems an asset.
· Experience with Excel, Outlook and/ or Adobe Acrobat is an asset.
· Ability to work with clients and co-workers in a courteous and friendly manner
· Effective communication and problem solving skills a must.
· Preference would be given to candidates with one or more years of experience in Accounting or Hotel Administration role
· Experience working with a Property Management System would be beneficial
· Experience working with financial programs would be beneficial (ex. Oracle, AccPac)
1. Reconcile all House Accounts daily & set up new Accounts – AR
2. Produce the Daily Sales Report (DSR), and package for senior management review, using Webreports – Revenue Audit
3. Send out the Flash Report daily – Revenue Audit
4. Review & Reconcile all Adjustments & Refunds – Revenue Audit
5. Process Credit Applications & set up approved Billing Accounts– AR
6. Track, Post and log all Cheque and Wire Payments – AR
7. Research and reply to client Billing Inquiries – AR
8. Investigate all credit card Chargeback Notices from our credit card partners – AR
9. Prepare and send Invoices for tour, third-party and group travel – AR
10. Maintain accurate Group Files for upcoming events through to payment of account; monitor group account whilst in-house – AR
11. Attend weekly Group Resume Meetings – AR
12. Calculate all Group Commission as contracted – AR
13. Monitor Accounts Receivable Aging and telephone/email clients where necessary to collect – AR
14. Reconcile Hilton HHonors account and ensure billing is accurate – AR
15. Month End Deadlines – As outlined by head office – AR & Rev Audit
16. Liaise with all departments regarding billing & daily sales – AR & Rev Audit
17. Follow company policies & procedures as outlined in the Team Member Handbook, and is able to effectively communicate them to other team members
18. Understands and works in accordance with health and safety mandates
19. Assist Finance team as necessary.
Excellent command of the English language – written and verbal
Excellent time management skills to achieve reporting deadlines
Knowledge of hotel accounting systems an asset.
Experience with Excel, Outlook and/ or Adobe Acrobat is an asset.
Ability to work with clients and co-workers in a courteous and friendly manner
Effective communication and problem solving skills a must.
Preference would be given to candidates with one or more years of experience in Accounting or Hotel Administration role
Experience working with a Property Management System would be beneficial
Experience working with financial programs would be beneficial (ex. Oracle, AccPac)
Post Date: December 6, 2018 Deadline for Application: January 1, 2019
4050 Whistler Way
Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa is known as a year-round world-class destination for skiing, golfing, and outdoor adventure. This Whistler hotel is located mere steps from the chairlifts and breathtaking views of the Whistler/Blackcomb resort and world famous Whistler golf courses. Our hotel staff work hard to ensure our guests enjoy a spectacular retreat from the ordinary! The Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa is also a pet friendly Whistler hotel.