(Part Time Contract – 64 hours per month)
Position: Admissions/Membership Team Member
Reports to: Managers, Visitor Experience
Science World is a BC-based charitable organization that engages the people of British Columbia in STEM literacy. Our mission is to ignite wonder and empower dreams through science and nature. Our values are Curious, Playful, Inclusive, Relevant and Collaborative.
Well known for our amazing visitor engagement, welcoming atmosphere and captivating exhibitions, Science World British Columbia is the go-to place for everything Science. Our guest’s experience all begins with their first point of contact in our Lobby: our Admissions/Membership Staff, part of our Visitor Experience team. Under the direction of the Managers, Visitor Experience, you will provide our visitors with friendly and responsive services, whether it is in person, over the phone or by email. You will use your technologically savvy skills to process payments related to visitation, memberships, courses and camps, be the go-to person for any guest enquiries and provide exceptional customer service.
· Assist visitors with their arrival and visitation needs in a courteous, cheerful and efficient manner. This includes general enquiries, problem solving, information services, lost and found, as well as explaining our offerings and providing recommendations
· Ability to resolve concerns in a timely and professional manner, when dealing with difficult situations. Must demonstrate strong conflict resolution and troubleshooting skills
· Perform proficient operation of our ticketing and registration system (Advance Ticket Management System) with the processing and receipt of entrance fees for all admissions, memberships and events, etc. in person, over the phone and by email
· Accurate and efficient processing of all cash transactions and end of day reconciliation
· Process registration for various programs such as Preschool Curiosity Club and Summer Science Camps
· Assist in the planning and execution of all special membership events and promotions
· Process group bookings, e.g. school trips, birthday parties
· Perform administrative duties and upkeep the filling system and supplies
· Assist in the smooth operation of all ancillary services
· Other duties as required
· 2 years’ experience preferred in a customer service role with experience in meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations
· Previous sales, retail, tourism, office administration and experience in a charitable/not-for-profit organization is an asset
· Ability to work well under pressure and enjoy dealing directly with the public
· Experience using cash registers, ticket terminals, computerized sales systems, databases and Microsoft Office
· Must have speed and accuracy in handling cash for high volume sales
· Strong organizational skills; must be able to perform a variety of tasks in a busy environment requiring high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
· Passionate about Science and life-long learning
· Must be available for work a minimum of 64 hours per month, with at least one of the work days on weekends. A flexible work schedule is required; must be available to work weekdays, weekends and holidays. Open availability is highly preferable
- All offers are subject to satisfactory completion of reference and police criminal record checks -
Please apply by Wednesday, June 26, 2019 via the Science World careers portal: http://scienceworld.ca/jobs
Please upload a cover letter, a copy of your resume and the contact information for three professional references as a part of your application.
* We would like to thank all candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews will commence on an on-going basis throughout the posting period *APPLY NOW! • ADMISSIONS/MEMBERSHIP TEAM MEMBER • Science World British Columbia
Post Date: June 12, 2019 Deadline for Application: June 26, 2019
1455 Quebec Street
Science World is a BC-based charitable organization that engages the people of British Columbia in STEM literacy. Our mission is to ignite wonder and empower dreams through science and nature.