Your job is primarily one of sales and guest service, with a healthy dose of administration and follow-through. From our Adventure Desk, you will be a key personality that engages both our potential customers and confirmed guests. In this role, you will respond to all telephone, email, and social media inquiries and you will also handle all walk-in inquiries relating to day adventures, lodging packages and lunch in the alpine reservations. It is your friendly, genuine and caring attitude that turns inquiring people into customers, and furthermore, your eye for detail, follow-through, and product knowledge will turn our customers into “forever Callaghan Country fans”.
Utilizing our cloud-based property management and reservation system (www.webrezpro.com) you will be responsible for taking deposits and payments, as well as emailing trip confirmations and coordinating logistics with the appropriate team members. You are also the person that keeps in contact with our guests after their stay. You will email thank you letters and surveys, and you will diligently maintain our client database and work to increase our repeat and referral business. You will also be responsible for all of the administrative procedures involved in sales and reservations (sales reports, calendar updates, sales deposit forms, guest profiles, etc.) In short, you are the person who is responsible for ensuring that every detail of the guest’s vacation is organized to the letter and that they leave with memories that will last a lifetime.
In addition to your sales role, you will be responsible for warmly welcoming and registering guests upon their arrival at our staging area, coordinating overnight parking, presenting waivers, showing maps, offering weather information, taking photos and generally building the anticipation of the adventure that is about to begin.
Frontline Service (65%)
- Act as ambassador and liaison for company with partners, associations, guests and potential guests
- Maintain cleanliness of Alexander Falls Base facilities, the shop, and proper storage of all equipment
- Ensure that any required building maintenance is taken care of (snow-shoveling)
- Warmly welcoming and registering guests upon their arrival at our staging area, coordinating overnight parking, presenting waivers, showing maps, offering weather information, taking photos and generally building the anticipation of the adventure that is about to begin
- Readily supporting the adjacent Ski Shop with influential product knowledge and selling techniques
- Employ expert product knowledge and selling techniques to promote products, services, packages, etc.
- Update both outdoor and digital weather/trail conditions boards daily
- Contribute daily to various social media channels in a way that will enhance Callaghan Country brand and communicate experiences available at Alexander Falls Touring Centre
- Respond to emails and phone calls in a timely manner
- Handle in-person and digital complaints or concerns with care leading to corrective action and follow-up
Journeyman Lodge Guest Services & Sales (30%)
- Use selling techniques to promote packages, products, services etc.
- Estimate or quote prices, policies, itineraries and travel information
- Counsel customers on terms and conditions of reservations e.g. cancellation policies
- Book reservations in the webrezpro property management system
- Process payments and refunds; reconcile accounts and ensure comprehensive record keeping with company’s Accountant
- Communicate with Lodge Host team about upcoming reservations and guest expectations
- Diligent maintenance of customer relations systems working to increase our repeat and referral business (ie. email templates, guest expectations, key webpages)
- Identify and solicit new clients or target groups
- Assist management with sales campaigns
Marketing/Social Media Initiatives (5%)
- Generating, editing, publishing and sharing daily social media content including writing posts to publicize events, marketing campaigns and potentially product launches
- Assist management with content marketing activities such as blog maintenance, and e-newsletter administration