Are you looking for a entertaining job in a waterfront park…. that’s not stuck behind a desk….. and still want to use your creative mind?
Start Dates: As early as May 1st to as late as June 26th
End Dates: Late August to no later than Oct 15th
Schedule: 4 days on 3 days off, 10 hour shifts, . Part time staff schedule to be discussed. Yes shift changes are ok.
Our customers are on holidays, you’ll help make it a real vacation.
You’ll be located at Lakeside Park, Alta Lake, Whistler BC. You’ll be providing product information, renting canoes/kayaks, pedal boats and stand up paddle boards, booking guests down the River of Golden Dreams, presenting waivers, cash handling, liaison with supplies, selling products, and telling little kids yes, they have enough money to buy something.
This position is often combined with being a guide, waterfront and or shuttle pilot staff.
Ensuring and maintaining a level of safety for the duration of all activities that will adhere to regulated standards and exceed customer’s expectations. To ensure that all guests experiences are as safe and enjoyable as possible. To provide assistance where possible to official minority language guests and staff and Service Canada local priorities. These goals are achieved through the conscientious application of the highest standard with the monitoring of staff decisions and actions that occur prior, during and after each activity.
Work under the directives of the Reservations Manager
– Conducts the day to day activities of our concession
– Booking guests, presenting waivers, cash handling, reconciliation of daily sales
– Enhance our digital operations
– Schedule staff, guides and drivers
– Insure Backroads equipment is appropriate for staff/guides/guests needs
– Serves as a role model for all Backroads’ Whistler staff & guides
– Communicating via VHF radio to staff in the field, acting as the operations dispatch hub
– Ensuring trip and incident reports are filled out.
– Obtaining feedback from fellow staff, guides and guests (verbal or written)
– Develop a solid clientele that would result in customer loyalty & word of mouth marketing
– Effective time management and management of yourself and others
– Polite and helpful to all our clientele, staff including going out of our way to please the guest
– Conducts and participates in training, both maintaining a personal current level of skill and/or to improve in an area which one might require more knowledge or skills
– General “house” cleaning obligations both in and out of the Concession building, Park grounds, washrooms and vehicles
– Coordinates successful trip departures and drop offs
– Comprehensive knowledge of our reservations software
– May guide guests, may work the waterfront, will assist in field operations.
– Other job related duties as required
Specific Skill Requirements:
– Decision Making Skills ~ the ability to understand the importance of a correct decision in an environment filled with variables over which control is limited
– Safety skills before, during and after all guided tours and rentals (be their eyes and ears)
– Ability to Multi task and to assign tasks to others
– Organizational Skills and Strong analytical skills
– Flexible Leadership styles and skills to help deal with others
– Ability to react quickly and effectively and without bias
– Ability to listen to feedback both from fellow staff, guides and guests
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and respond with tact and diplomacy
– Problem Solving Skills-Avoids conflict
– May participate in Backroads Whistler’s Guide Course or Grandfather clause
– This is a fast paced, busy operation with lots going on all at once.
– Other duties as they arise.
– Works closely with others
– Flexible working hours (can be long)
– Work changes frequently, fast paced, lots of surprises
– Physical movement of equipment and guests
– Moments of tight deadlines and high pressure
– Mountain weather patterns can be unpredictable (rain, snow, wind, sun)
Qualifications: We can teach you the hard skills, you come to us as a good team member that demonstrate enthusiasm in the workplace.
Education: The Adventure Tourism Concession Operator/Reservations Agent crew want to work around the water. They may have knowledge of the outdoor industry either through hands on knowledge and or formal school training at a recognized adventure tourism school.
We keep it fun, no stuffy suits around here. Yes you should bring your swim suit to work cause some days you just gotta jump off the dock.
Resume Instructions: Send your resume, with salary expectations to:
Eric Wight, President Email: Eric@backroadswhistler.com
Backroads Whistler PO Box 643 Whistler, BC V0N1B0.
APPLY NOW! • ADVENTURE TOURISM CONCESSION OPERATOR/ RESERVATIONS AGENT. SUMMER 2019 • Backroads Whistler
Post Date: February 12, 2019 Deadline for Application: May 1, 2019
3375 Lakeside Road Lakeside Park
Backroads Whistler is Whistler’s longest running adventure company. Started in 1985 we now offer Canoe and Kayak excursions on the River of Golden Dreams, as well as human powered boat rentals on Alta Lake.
We are an inbound soft adventure receptive tour operator providing eco-friendly summer activities for groups and individuals coming to Whistler Resort,
For more information please see our web site at www.backroadswhistler.com or www.RiverOfGoldenDreams.com