Here’s To Your Journey with Delta Hotels
With our diverse portfolio of locations, you’ll find Delta Hotels in world-renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 19 brands you'll find Marriott International in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Delta Hotels.
The Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort located at 100 Harbour Rd, Victoria, BC V9A0G1 is currently hiring an Assistant Restaurant Manager - LURE RESTAURANT & BAR.
Responsibilities include: Entry level management position that is responsible for the daily operations in Restaurants/Bars and Room Service. Position assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards, assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods and supervises Restaurants/Bars and Room Service Departments, where applicable. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable to ensure standards and legal obligations are followed.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Management of Restaurant Team
- Handles employee questions and concerns.
- Monitors employees to ensure performance expectations are met.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
- Assists in supervising daily shift operations.
- Supervises restaurant and all related areas in the absence of the Director of Restaurants or Restaurant Manager.
- Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Day-to-Day Restaurant Operations
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Communicates to Chef and Restaurant Manager any issues regarding food quality and service levels.
- Ensures compliance with all restaurant policies, standards and procedures.
- Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
- Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Performs all duties of restaurant employees and related departments as necessary.
- Opens and closes restaurant shifts.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
- Handles guest problems and complaints, seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Meets and greets guests.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Supervises on-going training initiatives.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
@lifeatmarriott on Snapchat
So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Notification to Applicants: Delta Hotels by Marriott Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please contact Jacqueline Ellwood at 250-360-5805 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation as part of the recruiting process