Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA, Victoria, BC
Coast Hotels is a dynamic and growing brand. Our culture is rooted in our values and leadership accountability; and as part of that culture we believe in the growth and development of our Ambassadors. We are looking to hire casual Banquet Servers, who will provide superior customer service and uphold quality standards for Coast Hotels Food & Beverage operations. The successful candidates will support and add value to the Banquet team all year round, and especially during summer and winter of this year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Acts as an Ambassador for Coast including greeting guests, making them feel welcome, and handling basic inquiries
· Provides customer service through the completion of routine duties and tasks such as taking, relaying, and serving food and/or beverage orders, providing food and/or beverage product knowledge, managing reservations, handling cash, cheques, credit and debit card transactions in accordance with Hotel Policies
· Adheres to quality and industry standards when completing tasks
· Checks on guest satisfaction and follows up on requests where possible and appropriate
· Ensures the safety and security of the property, the Ambassadors and guests when completing tasks
· Stocks supplies and maintain inventory levels
· Demonstrates a customer service attitude with internal / external contracts
· Prepares room requirements, sets up table settings and beverage stations in meeting rooms for upcoming functions
· Receives food service instructions and other assigned duties during food service from Banquet Captain
· Demonstrates responsible safety practices and compiles with Health and Safety policies
Other duties as required
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
Minimum six months in a food and beverage customer service role; previous banquet service experience preferred.
Secondary school Diploma, Foodsafe Level 1 Certificate, Serving it Right Certificate, and Hepatitis A Vaccine required
Able to work late nights and early starts (e.g. scheduled until 3:00am and/or start at 5:00am)
Knowledge of occupational health and safety best practices and health and safety regulations
Physically able to constantly stand, walk, kneel and push, lift and carry/lift at least 25 lbs
Professional attitude and appearance; must be friendly, outgoing and well groomed
Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
Cash handling experience an asset
Strong time management and organizational skills; high attention to detail
Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, multi-functional team environment
Must work well in a team environment and respond well to direction
Coast Hotels offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training and development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Please submit your resume with cover letter by August 23, 2019 in confidence, to:
People & Culture
Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA
Coast Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coast Hotels would like to thank all interested applicants
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
NO PLACE LIKE COAST!
APPLY NOW! • BANQUET SERVER • Coast Hotels
Post Date: August 9, 2019 Deadline for Application: August 23, 2019
700 – 535 Thurlow Street
Coast Hotels Corporate Office and Central Reservations department are located in Vancouver BC. We are a dynamic and growing company with hotels throughout BC, Alberta, NWT, YT, and Western United States.