Co-op Education Employer of the Year Award, Camosun College (2018)
Outstanding Workplace of the Year Award, Chamber of Commerce (2018)
Employer of the Year Award, Tourism Vancouver Island (2018)
Voted Best Hotel Venue, Vancouver Island Wedding Awards (2018)
Vancouver Island Wedding Industry Award – Best Indoor Ceremony Venue (2018)
If you’re interested in joining an award winning hotel in Victoria and wish to be part of a fun work atmosphere that promotes creativity, career development and boasts a team of energetic and passionate professionals, we want to hear from you! Come join the best!
· Must have flexible availability for shift work from early mornings, to very late nights as shifts will vary from day-to-day and week-to-week
· Must be available to work weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays
· Must be able to lift 40lbs on a regular basis
· Must have Canadian work permit to apply (if non-resident of Canada)
Summary of Position:
To represent the Inn at Laurel Point in all guest interactions as an “Elegant, Pacific Rim Inspired waterfront inn where memories are created.” A banquet server serves food and beverage to guests and provides table maintenance and room setup and tear down.
· Greet guests in a friendly, enthusiastic manner
· Serve guests food and beverage
· Setup and tear down of banquet functions in a timely manner
· Attention to detail and ensuring cleanliness of service areas
· Reading and understanding Banquet Event Orders and following every last detail
· Direct liaison with Events department and Culinary department to ensure setup of function meets standards
· Working quickly and efficiently with team members and individually
· Ensures that all safety procedures are followed when transporting equipment and reports injuries immediately to leader
· Responsible for handling of all equipment and linens and ensuring these are in proper working order, e.g. no rips or stains on linen
· Complete other duties as assigned in a timely manner
· Complies with the Inn at Laurel Point’s procedures and code of ethics
Wage: $13.85/hr. to start, plus $5/hr. minimum gratuity for every hour worked; $14.59/hr. after 1 year, plus $5/hr. minimum gratuity for every hour worked
· Knowledgeable of all serving standards
· Previous serving experience required
· Previous Banquet serving experience an asset
· Food and wine knowledge
· Foodsafe Level 1 and Serving It Right certified
· Ability to work effectively and efficiently with limited supervision
· Ability to problem solve
· Team oriented
· Must be able to embrace the 4 core values of the Inn at Laurel Point: Excellence, Respect, Curiosity and Stewardship
Reports To: Banquet Manager
Apply Now! Please email your resume to Ann Reeves, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, contact Ann directly at 250-414-6726.
What’s in it for you?
· Competitive Wages
· A fun & friendly workplace culture that embraces diversity
· Cross-training opportunities to grow your skills
· Best staff meal in town and by the way, it’s free!
· Complimentary parking on non-restricted days in the off-season
· Comprehensive benefits package
· Colleague of the Month recognition program
· AURA waterfront restaurant + patio staff discount (50%)
· Friends & Family hotel discount (so you can show off your amazing workplace)
· Candidate referral bonus ($300)
· Birthday brunch celebration in AURA restaurant + patio
· Industry discounts
· Skill and advancement training programs
· Summertime volleyball on Sticky Wicket rooftop, Summer baseball team, BBQs on our stunning Terrace patio, free themed year-end Gala to thank you
· Shower and locker facilitiesAPPLY NOW! • BANQUET SERVER • Inn at Laurel Point & AURA restaurant + patio
Post Date: September 11, 2019
680 Montreal St
The Inn at Laurel Point is a resort-style waterfront Victoria hotel located downtown on Victoria's Inner Harbour. 2005 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List Reserve rated the Inn at Laurel Point one of the World's Best 700 Places to Stay.
AURA restaurant + patio:
Located on Victoria, BC’s breathtaking downtown harbour, AURA waterfront restaurant + patio uses the best local ingredients in dishes that delight the eye and please the palate.
Executive Chef Takashi Ito’s culinary philosophy at AURA is to create a unique Pacific Rim inspired menu, while respecting the character of the ingredients. We are committed to sourcing sustainable, local, seasonal ingredients to integrate into our menu.
Our dishes are thoughtfully designed, innovative & original.
Mentorship & collaboration are fundamental values of our team. We strive to create a fun loving kitchen, with noise, laughter & a serious passion for cooking. Executive Chef Ito is a strong proponent of Culinary Apprentice programs and loves to see young team members
push themselves to be their very best.