Manning Park Resort (MPR) is seeking a Bookkeeper with integrity and excellent judgement skills to join our dynamic and growing team. Working and playing in one of the crown jewels in BC’s provincial park system, the successful candidate will have an understanding of full cycle accounting procedures, have an analytical ability to identify opportunities to create efficiencies and be involved in helping set the course for our growing business. If you are interested in leaving your mark with us as we move into the next phase of our growth, then this is an exciting opportunity not to be missed.
Reporting to the General Manager, the primary role is to oversee the day-to-day operations of our MPR Accounting department while working with the company’s Controller located in our Head Office.
· Support Head Office to ensure compliance with industry Accounting standards
· Prepare scheduled bank deposits
· Satisfy all accounts payables
o Payables coded and provided to Head Office for payment
o Adjusting and balancing ledgers as necessary
· Prepare, invoice and follow-up for accounts receivables
· Prepare bi-weekly payroll
· Assist in the reconciling of monthly bank statements and monitoring of cash flow
· Support and report on scheduled inventory practices and reconciliations
· Assist in producing scheduled and ad hoc reporting of financial data for internal use and external partners
· Support revenue generating departments with Micros technical support
· Work closely with night audit for daily reconciliation and reporting
· Ensure floats are prepared daily for all operational departments
· Previous accounting or bookkeeping experience
o Post-secondary experience in Accounting or a professional Accounting designation is an asset
· Possess strong judgement skills and absolute discretion with sensitive and confidential information
· Ability to work under pressure to meet defined deadlines
· Working knowledge of Micros POS systems
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Superior problem-solving skills
· Attention to detail
· Competent with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
· Experience working with Quickbooks is mandatory
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY NOW! • BOOKKEEPER / ACCOUNTANT • Manning Park Resort
Post Date: October 9, 2019 Deadline for Application: November 10, 2019
7500 Highway 3
Located in the heart of the Cascade Mountains, Manning Park offers accommodations, fine dining, and a range of outdoor activities from skiing, snow boarding, snow shoeing, and more in the winter, to hiking, biking, swimming, and much more in the summer!
At Manning Park Resort, we like to attract employees with an interest in a healthy lifestyle and who are committed to providing a high quality resort experience. Most come for one season and end up staying for many more. Come and enjoy the Fresh Air Experience!!