Position: Box Office Attendant
Working Conditions: Event Based (Year-Round)
Wage & Pay Grade: $14.67/hr. + 10% in lieu of benefits & vacation
Date Posted: April 19, 2017
The PNE’s Ticket Leader Box Office offers premier ticketing services for concert promoters, bands, professional sports teams, arenas and other venues. Box Office staff are responsible for day to day operations of various events at the PNE such as, Concerts, Events, Tradeshows and any other events operated by the Ticket Leader Box Office. We are seeking hardworking and motivated individuals that have a passion for the Events Industry, Ticketing and the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE). The Box Office Attendants will work under the direction of the Ticketing Manager.
Our ideal candidates will be individuals that have a passion for customer service, thrive within a fast paced environment and possess great interpersonal skills to provide the best service to our guests as well as our staff internally.
This individual will work in compliance with all health and safety requirements as determined by WorkSafeBC, and all other applicable legislation and company policies.
- Conducting in-person and by-phone ticket sales using the Paciolan ticketing software
- This includes booking seats using a manifested seating map, with multiple price points, and ensuring that the patron is fully informed of where their seat location is for their selected event/performance
- Respond to patron inquiries regarding any information related to ticketed events such as: building information, directions, event seating, ticketing, parking and general concerns during the sales process
- Maintain a current working knowledge of all events, services, and procedures by reviewing event information sheets and any other communication regarding event updates
- Describe venue layouts and seating locations to patrons when answering inquiries
- Balancing and accounting for cash and charge/debit receipts for daily sales transactions
- Entering new patron’s information into the database following policies and procedures
- established by the Center and updating existing patron information as necessary
- Organizing and distributing “will call” tickets and conducting light administrative duties
- Call customers to advise of event changes and/or cancellations as required
- Communicating effectively and maintaining high standards of customer service during all transactions
- Maintaining a positive, upbeat and professional demeanor at all times
- Perform other related duties as assigned