Shambhala Music Festival is looking for a night-shift Supervisor at our Night Owl Cafe throughout the festival! Position runs August 5-11 on the festival site outside of Salmo, BC.
The Supervisor will be responsible for assisting the Manager in performing their duties; conducting yourself and your crew in a manner that will maximize revenue potential by offering superb customer service that turns our guests’ momentary purchase into a lasting experience.
• Communicate effectively with Food and Beverage Manager in the absence of the Night Owl Manager
• Ensure crew receive regular breaks and meals
• Maintain the roll call sheet accurately
• Pick up roll call sheet at Payroll office before shift and return to Payroll at end of shift
• Maintain a clean, organized and professional workspace
• Account for any damaged or spoiled stock on your shift
• Oversee preparation and restocking of all menu items
• Work with cashiers to maintain accurate records and tender amounts
• Motivate team to up-sell products
• Understand the limits of the site and work within the parameters
• Fluent use of Radio
• Effective management skills and training ability; can delegate tasks and motivate workers
• Excellent communicator. Able to interact effectively with all levels of the chain of command
• Strong organizational skills
• Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing
• A committed individual and self-motivating
• Outgoing, friendly, and customer-service oriented
• Courteous, competent and persuasive with a proven ability to handle stressful situations
• Ability to foresee and troubleshoot potential issues, making recommendations to increase efficiency
• Flexible and able to respond to changes in working conditions
• Comfortable working long shifts, early mornings, and outdoors
• Patient performing repetitive tasks
• Experience in Retail and Cash Management
• Previous experience working in a Festival setting an asset
• Foodsafe Certification
To apply, head here and submit a Staff application form, specifying that you’re applying for this position on the Night Owl Cafe team in response to this job posting: https://applications.shambhalamusicfestival.com/application.php?a=staffAPPLY NOW! • CAFE SUPERVISOR – NIGHT SHIFT • Shambhala Music Festival Ltd.
Post Date: July 11, 2019
2003 - 622 Front Street
Shambhala is a family owned and operated festival, supported by a zealous crew of friends who love what they do. Together they put on a world-class electronic music festival for their 10,000 friends. Unique to the core, Shambhala baffles the event industry by modeling an event completely free of alcohol and corporate sponsorship.
Shambhala is held annually on the 2nd weekend of August on the pristine Salmo River Ranch in Salmo BC, boasting 6 uniquely themed stages. The Crew always aim to bring the best in dynamic art, captivating performances, and larger than life up & coming electronic music talent from around the world, along with well-known local favourites. This dynamic environment, rich with Art, Music, and Kootenay Culture, sets the perfect stage for festival goers looking for a radical change.
Experience the magic of this incomparable event, learn more about the industry, and feel pride in being a part of it all. Joining the Crew offers you a chance to contribute to this epic production, become a member of the Farmily, and experience the power of ShambhaLove.