Are you someone that is interested in working in a remote and coastal setting? Do you have a passion for the outdoors? Are you keen to put a smile on people’s faces and contribute to a small team? We’re looking for dynamic team members to join us at Homfray Lodge for our 2019 season.
If you are someone with previous work experience in hospitality, tourism, outdoor recreation, or maintenance – you might be a great fit for our team. Being situated in a forested, mountainous location on the ocean, Homfray Lodge is an exciting place for outdoor enthusiasts.
We provide accommodation and meals for all employees. Given our remote location, all communications are via satellite. We have basic Wi-Fi and no cell phone service.
This role requires a full-time commitment from mid-May 2019 to mid-October 2019. The season will begin with up to 7 days of onsite training
Note: Employees will work on a 2 week-on-1 week off rotation and must leave the lodge for their week off. Pacific Coastal Cruises will cover transport to Powell River and employees are responsible for their own transportation from there.
This role is for an experienced, innovative, and personable full time Chef. This person must be a natural leader and have high standards. The Chef will direct kitchen operations, including food preparation and quality, kitchen maintenance and inventory to make sure quality is met and food costs are controlled. Our food is sourced locally, and everything is made from scratch.
- Plan breakfast, lunch, hors d’oeurves, dinner and dessert menus for the 2019 season
- Create and maintain the menu syllabus
- Train kitchen colleagues on fundamentals of recipe, and plate presentation
- Be responsible for inventory and ordering food
- Responsible for hors d’oeurves and dinner service and clean-up of kitchen including cooking dishes, floors, fridges, etc.
- Responsible for overall maintenance of kitchen
- Plus any extra duties that are asked of you by a manager
- Proven work experience as a head chef (minimum 3 years leading a team)
- Excellent record of kitchen management
- Working knowledge of current trends and best practices
- Formal education such as Red Seal or equivalent
- Food Safe Level 2
- First Aid
- Must be able to cook 3 course meals for up to 16 guests, alone, sometimes twice a day.
- Lead your team and in a professional and courteous manner
- Address any problems or complaints in a professional manner
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude with coworkers and guests
- Manage day to day kitchen operations ensuring quality, standards and guest expectations are met
- Create a positive BOH environment
- Must be able to maintain a fast-paced environment
- Lifting heavy loads
- Standing for long periods of time
Note: Candidates with some of the noted or other relevant certificates as well as the appropriate wilderness leadership and risk management training who are willing to get the required certifications will be considered.
Please apply with cover letter, resume (listing all current certifications), and at least three professional references. We thank all applicants for their interest however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.APPLY NOW! • CHEF • Pacific Coastal Cruises
Post Date: February 11, 2019 Deadline for Application: February 28, 2019
22 West 2nd Avenue
Pacific Coastal Cruises is a small ship cruising company that offers intimate 4 and 5 day cruises around the Salish Sea, Gulf Islands and Desolation Sound. Our passengers cruise by day and overnight at seaside lodges.
Homfray Lodge is an eco-lodge owned by Pacific Coastal Cruises in Desolation Sound. This is the primary lodge that the Pacific Coastal Cruises guests over night at. It is located in the quiet area of Homfray Channel with wilderness at its doorstep. Our all-inclusive cruises include all meals and cozy accommodations in one of our 3 cabins or 4 lodge suites at the lodge.
At Homfray Lodge, we specialize in hospitality from accommodations to dining, waterfront activities like paddle boarding and kayaking, and wildlife viewing.
We are inspired by our environment and love to share it with our guests. Our accessible isolation at Homfray Lodge is truly one of a kind. Come be a part of our team on the spectacular BC Coast.