Position: Creative Studio Lead
Salary: 65,600.24 – 90,900.08 annually
Classification: Band 2
Closing Date: July 24, 2020
Position #: 00103167
Competition #: DBC 2020-07
If you are interested and you meet the selection criteria please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and CV prior to 4 PM July 24, 2020.
You must be a permanent resident of Canada to apply for permanent positions with Destination BC.
The initial salary for this position will start at the beginning of the listed salary range with the opportunity to advance up the pay grid in annual increments.
An eligibility list may be established.
Destination BC is a provincially funded, industry-led Crown corporation that supports a strong and competitive future for BC’s tourism industry through a combination of global marketing, destination development, industry learning, cooperative community-based programs, and visitor servicing. Destination BC receives approximately $52 million each year, out of a Provincial investment of about $140 million in BC’s tourism ecosystem as a whole. These investments help to improve the visitor experience, support businesses and communities, and strengthen BC’s worldwide reputation as a destination of choice. For more information about Destination BC’s programs and services, please visit www.DestinationBC.ca.
Destination BC is an inclusive workplace founded on the highest degree of collaboration and innovation. Destination BC believes that diversity is strength and welcomes applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are an applicant with a disability, we are committed to ensuring workplace accommodations are in place to enable you to do your best work.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Reporting to the Manager, Brand & Creative, as the Creative Studio Lead you both oversee and actively contribute to the development and execution of all in-house design, video, and other creative projects for both our corporate and consumer brands. With a strong project management and process orientation and the support of two direct reports, you are responsible for ensuring that the creative production needs of the organization are received, prioritized, and delivered on budget, on time, and in alignment to the corporate or consumer brand; this includes building and maintaining a network of creative suppliers to support those needs as required. You maintain a strong knowledge of the latest trends and consumer behaviors when it comes to design and video, and play a key role in pushing forward the creative expression of the Super, Natural British Columbia brand across Destination BC’s global marketing channels. You work closely with colleagues who are experts in content marketing, digital marketing, and brand strategy, to bring our global content strategy to life through digital, print, and video creative.
As our Creative Studio Lead, you are skilled in creative and production execution of both marketing and corporate projects, with a foundational understanding of brand strategy. As a leader within our Global Brand & Content department, you’re responsible for developing and maintaining strong, professional working relationships with Destination British Columbia colleagues and overseas offices, as well as its marketing and digital agency suppliers, tourism industry stakeholders and related public and private sector organizations.
1. Leads the full production cycle for design and video projects for both the corporate and consumer brands, including in-taking projects, providing creative planning & direction, and managing the creative development from project brief to final delivery;
2. Builds and maintains a strong process for intaking and managing in-house creative projects;
3. Planning and prioritizing the project workload for self and two direct reports, as well as external creative suppliers, to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, and on brand;
4. Works closely with the Digital Content team during the content ideation, planning, and production stages to ensure content strategy is brought to life in an impactful way through design and video outputs;
5. Maintains a strong relationship with creative agency partners, to ensure alignment across campaign and always-on creative outputs;
6. Assists the Brand team as required with direction, editing, and execution of brand photography and videography projects (these may be executed by agency suppliers or freelance contractors);
7. Develops multiple design and video concepts as part of a cross-functional content planning process, and produces or oversees team in producing final designs and videos that are web and/or print ready in a timely manner;
8. Oversees and collaborates with agency suppliers and freelance contractors to ensure that agreed upon terms and conditions are met, and works directly with contractors to resolve service, quality assurance and related performance issues;
9. Ensures all produced material across all channels complies with Destination British Columbia’s brand standards and style guide;
10. Manages project-related timelines and financial processes including managing contracts and budgets ensuring compliance with government policies and procedures and certifies satisfactory contract performance for release of payment;
11. Supervises two direct reports including the provision of direction and leadership through the performance planning process, mentoring and coaching, recruiting and selection of staff;
12. Liaises and proactively collaborates with multiple internal program areas, including Digital Content, Brand, Global Marketing Programs, Market Development, Digital Strategy & IT, Corporate Communications, and Destination Management; and
13. Other related duties as required.
• Degree or diploma in graphic design, art design or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in graphic or art design role;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in creative project management and/or leadership, preferably as part of an in-house creative team;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience managing the performance and outputs of either other in-house creatives or external contractors;
• Strong knowledge of marketing best practices that can be applied to graphic design i.e. search-engine optimization, social media, email marketing, digital advertising etc.
• Strong knowledge of multimedia design and proven experience creating files for both print and digital channels;
• Demonstrated experience with graphic design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop CS6;
• Experience directing photography and videography work, including styling, creative direction, motion graphics and shoot direction will be considered an asset;
• Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills;
• Demonstrated experience managing and delivering against multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment; and
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Problem Solving / Judgement is the ability to analyze problems systematically, organize information, identify key factors, identify underlying causes and generate solutions.
• Planning, Organizing and Coordinating involves proactively planning, establishing priorities and allocating resources. It is expressed by developing and implementing increasingly complex plans. It also involves monitoring and adjusting work to accomplish goals and deliver to the organization's mandate.
• Results Orientation is a concern for surpassing a standard of excellence. The standard may be one’s own past performance (striving for improvement); an objective measure (achievement orientation); challenging goals that one has set; or even improving or surpassing what has already been done (continuous improvement). Thus, a unique accomplishment also indicates a Results Orientation.
• Relationship Building is working to build or maintain ethical relationships or networks or contacts with people who are, or may be, potentially helpful in achieving work-related goals and establishing advantages. These people may include customers, clients, counterparts, colleagues, etc.
• Leadership implies a desire to lead others, including diverse teams. Leadership is generally, but not always, demonstrated from a position of formal authority. The "team" here should be understood broadly as any group with which the person interacts regularly.
• Initiative involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action to address current or future problems or opportunities. As such, initiative can be seen in the context of proactively doing things and not simply thinking about future actions.
Vice-President, Global Marketing
Director, Global Brand & Content
Manager, Brand & Creative
Creative Studio Lead
Job CategoryLeadership and Management
How to apply to this job
If you are interested and you meet the selection criteria please respond to email@example.com with your cover letter and CV prior to 4 PM July 24, 2020.APPLY NOW! • CREATIVE STUDIO LEAD • Destination British Columbia
Post Date: June 30, 2020 Deadline for Application: July 24, 2020
12th Floor, 510 Burrard Street
Destination British Columbia promotes the development of tourism in British Columbia, marketing the province worldwide with other industry partners. Through innovative approaches and leading-edge marketing initiatives, Destination British Columbia is responsible for ensuring the long-term growth and prosperity of British Columbia's $13.9 billion tourism industry.