The Polygon Gallery exhibits photography and media art, emphasizing contemporary Canadian work within the context of historical and international art. Operating as Presentation House Gallery for forty years, the organization presented more than 300 exhibitions, earning a reputation as one of Canada’s most adventurous public art institutions.
The organization is now poised to open in its greatly expanded, highly anticipated new facility, The Polygon Gallery, at the foot of Lonsdale Avenue in North Vancouver, BC in November 2017—a purpose-built space in a high-traffic location on the waterfront.
In order to provide the best possible service to The Polygon Gallery’s extended community, applications are invited for a newly-created position: Development Supervisor, Guest Services, who will be responsible for overseeing visitor and member experiences, as The Polygon opens its doors to the public for the first time!
Reporting to the Senior Development Manager, the Development Supervisor will set and maintain high standards for exemplary guest service and effective sales strategies, as well as maintain a positive work environment for the Guest Services staff team. In addition, the Development Supervisor is expected to be knowledgeable about The Polygon’s donor and Member programs, as well as about the organization’s artistic programs, educational offerings, events, and retail products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating, implementing and supervising The Polygon’s Guest Services operational procedures that enhance visitor experiences
- Hiring, training and supervising Guest Services staff, with the goal to provide exemplary customer service, and motivate staff to increase sales in all areas including membership acquisition and retention
- Work closely with the Senior Development Manager to develop and implement strategies for maximizing revenue from admissions and Memberships
- Greet visitors, and sell admissions and Memberships at the Guest Services desk
- Work in partnership with the Retail Manager to provide a cohesive Guest Experience
- Provide operational support for special events (internal and external), and occasionally act as an event liaison during external events on evenings and weekends
- Process Memberships, including entering information into the Raiser’s Edge database, producing tax receipts, and producing and sending membership fulfillment packages
- Process daily deposits of admissions and Membership sales
- Ensure completion of regular data maintenance duties and collaborate with the Senior Development Manager to develop and maintain procedures that ensure the integrity of Member data
- Co-supervise and schedule (with Retail Manager) all regular and on-call Guest Services staff