If you’re passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
The Dietary Aide is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Dietary Aide your typical day will impact in the following ways:
• Following proper food handling techniques.
• Dates, labels, and stores food properly.
• Keeping work area clean and uncluttered, and completes scheduled cleaning duties.
• Maintaining cleanliness of floors in the food preparation, dish room, and storage areas.
• Supporting all aspects of optimal food service to meet the needs of the residents in accordance with infection control, quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards.
• Assisting in the preparation of meals, serving meals and beverages, following residents’ diets and food preferences, using proper portion sizes.
• Taking orders for the first and second menu choices from residents (by resident name and preference selection, following likes and dislikes).
• Setting and clearing tables in the dining rooms and washing/sanitizing tables, chairs, and serveries.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Must maintain a current Safe Food Handler’s Certificate.
• Must be familiar with the correct procedure for service and handling of food.
• Ability to operate institutional cooking equipment, for example, dishwasher, conveyor toaster, and meat-slicer.
• Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills.
• All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
• All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
For Ontario locations, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
Please apply on siennaliving.ca or e-mail Lisa.Stong@siennaliving.caAPPLY NOW! • DIETARY AIDE • Sienna Senior Living
Post Date: March 23, 2020 Deadline for Application: April 10, 2020
302 Town Centre Blvd
At Sienna Senior Living, our mission is to help residents live fully, every day. Our more than 12,000 dedicated team members are passionate about caring for older people and are united by a belief in the warmth of human connection. We are one of Canada’s largest owners and operators of seniors living options, with high-quality residences in key markets in Ontario and British Columbia, offering independent and assisted living, long-term care and specialized programs and services, in addition to providing expert management services.
Our aim is to consistently create a positive resident experience, along with a high-performing team and workplace culture that are driven by shared values and a commitment to innovation and excellence. As leaders in the sector, we leverage technology and best practices to constantly set new benchmarks for quality. At the same time, we never lose sight of our vision—to awaken our communities to the positive possibilities of life’s next chapters.