Work at the edge of the world. One way to think of Haida Gwaii is as a village of 4,500 hardy,
unique characters who live in seven neighbourhoods spread up and down the Islands. The
ocean and the forest are our larder, the ferries are our connection to the mainland, and the ferry
lineup is one of our gathering points where we socialize and politic with a coffee cup in hand.
The Misty Isles Economic Development Society (MIEDS) leads economic development
initiatives undertaken by the Village of Masset, Village of Port Clements, Village of Queen
Charlotte, and North Coast Regional District Areas D & E. MIEDS is also a BC Destination
Marketing Organization for Haida Gwaii.
Reporting to MIEDS’ executive director, the economic development and tourism manager
maintains and develops the MIEDS tourism portfolio and other economic development initiatives
as assigned. This is a 37.5-hour per week, remote-work position that must be performed from
one of the communities on Haida Gwaii. It includes salary, technology and travel stipends,
performance-based goals, and health benefits.
Note: The MIEDS tourism portfolio includes the Go Haida Gwaii website and associated social
media, as well as the annual This is Haida Gwaii – K aats’ii Hla trip planner magazine and the
online Love Haida Gwaii business directory.
● Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
● Desire to work on a lean and nimble team with big goals
● Demonstrated program and project management skills
● Strong relationship management skills
● Experience tracking and reporting project budgets, and managing contractors
● Knowledge of key performance indicators and performance-based metrics in marketing
● Strong understanding of technology, websites, social media, and marketing
● A post-secondary degree or equivalent work experience in community economic
development, marketing, or related fields
● Experience running multimedia advertising and marketing campaigns
● Knowledge or willingness to learn about tourism and economic development
● Familiarity with economic and business development on Haida Gwaii
If this sounds like the job for you please email the MIEDS ED at firstname.lastname@example.org for the
full job description and application requirements. Deadline to apply October 30, 2020APPLY NOW! • ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & TOURISM MANAGER • Misty Isles Economic Development Society
Post Date: October 5, 2020 Deadline for Application: October 30, 2020
113 Oceanview Drive, PO Box 652
The Misty Isles Economic Development Society (MIEDS) leads economic development initiatives undertaken by the Village of Masset, Village of Port Clements, Village of Queen Charlotte, and North Coast Regional District Areas D & E. MIEDS is also a BC Destination Marketing Organization for Haida Gwaii.