The Event Supervisor will serve as the primary member delivering and executing event services for artists, clients and audiences. Coordinating and executing event services activities for all ACT events including but not limited to ACT presents, co-presentations, rental clients, arts programs, community partners, and special events including donor and member functions, ensuring that all event services run smoothly, effectively and a customer/clients focused and professional manner. The Event supervisor may assist in Outreach initiatives and coordination off-site of the ACT Arts Centre as needed.
· Executes events services activities including on –site oversight of event staff, technical staff and volunteers.
· Schedules and supervises the work of part-time event staff and volunteers engaged in ushering, concession, cashier, bartending, patron services, hosting, bar servers and other required event services positions.
· Ensures that on-site user groups are advised in advance for events on emergency procedures
· Checks the theatre house prior to opening to ensure all necessary preparations are complete and ensure the security of theatre and centre upon closing.
· Assist with development, implementation and execution of Bar/Concessions sales growth strategy (menu updates, featured specials, product development, sales targets, etc.)
· Assists in inventory purchase and tracking of bar/concessions.
· Organizes and coordinates the provision of catering services to internal departments and user groups, including but not limited to, before or after receptions and events as required.
· Prepares or oversees event services deposits, monthly inventory and financial reports for Finance Department.
· Assists as needed with rental contract processing and clients.
· Performs and other related duties that maybe required by the Event Operations Manager
Participate in the planning and execution of volunteer recognition program
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Post-secondary education with a focus on hospitality, food service, personnel/volunteer management, or theatre management.
· Ability to plan, assign, check, supervise, schedule, and participate in the work of a moderate sized group of part-time event staff and volunteers in a fast paced environment.
· Highly organized team player with super interpersonal skills; thrives on multi-tasking.
· Must be able to work with diverse groups under stressful situations, at odd hours, and with the ability to work within these policies, regulations and contractual obligations and enforce these policies, regulations and contracts with fairness, impartiality and good judgement.
· Due to the nature of the business, the individual will work a flexible workweek with evenings and weekends and overtime/lieu time as approved by the Event Operations Manager.
Required Licenses, Certificates and Registrations:
· Serving It Right Certification
· Food Safe Certification
· First Aid
· BC Driver’s License an asset
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please – only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. We wish to thank all those who apply. We encourage people to view our website for future job postings.APPLY NOW! • EVENT SUPERVISOR • Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Arts Council
Post Date: May 16, 2019 Deadline for Application: May 30, 2019
The ACT Arts Centre
The ACT Arts Centre (The ACT), located in the community of Maple Ridge and part of the Greater Vancouver Regional District (GVRD), is the leading provider of engaging, vibrant and excellent Arts Programs, Gallery Exhibitions and Performing Arts Presentations for the growing communities of the region. Opened in 2003, the 486-seat theatre, studio theatre and instruction studios are home to many cultural and community events, delivering an impressive array of diverse arts and cultural programming and activities to over 80,000 patrons annually.