The Food & Beverage Service Manager will be responsible for the smooth operation of cedars Restaurant & Lounge while on shift. This position will ensure that all standards are being followed, service runs smoothly, and team members are supported on their roles.
1. Achieving the highest service standards and exceeding a high guest expectation daily
2. Responsible for ensuring all standard operating procedures and policies are implemented and adhered to by the team members to successfully operate the outlets.
3. Ensure the overall cleanliness of all outlet facilities and ensure that areas in need of attention are addressed by team members and/or Housekeeping.
4. Assist staff in running food, touching tables, bussing, reviewing cash outs, etc to ensure the levels of service & food quality are met for guests.
5. Make procedural recommendations and maintain standards of food and beverage quality and guest service.
6. Resolve associate and/or guest conflict through service recovery and implement change when necessary.
7. Develop team members through motivation, recognition and training.
8. Assist with 30, 90 day and annual team member reviews.
9. Maintain a thorough knowledge of menu, wine list, drink prices, general policies and procedures.
10. Assist in the development and maintenance of a client contact base.
11. Maintain ambience of restaurant – lighting, music, cleanliness, hygiene
12. Checking and dealing with guests Special Occasion arrangements e.g. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Honeymoons, Weddings
13. Promote special In-House events e.g. Winemakers Dinners, Cocktails, Tasting sessions
14. Follow up with guests throughout their meal to ensure that they are receiving the experience they requested.
15. Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Hospitality or Culinary diploma or degree an asset
• Serving it Right Certificate
• Food Safe Level 1
• Driver’s License
• Previous experience as a server or bartender in a restaurant
• Strong leadership skills, including a minimum of 3-4 years of Restaurant supervisory or management experience
• Ability to impart your passion & knowledge of food, wine & service to team members
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word & Excel
• Micros experience preferred
• Strong training skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Able to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends & holidays
• Excellent hospitality & interpersonal skills
• Strong organization skills
• Able to life at least 20 pounds
• Strong focus on guest needs, service levels & working atmosphere
• Able to multi-task & prioritize, ensuring efficiency
• Reliable, ethical, well-groomed & professional in appearance & behaviours
• Level 1 or higher Sommelier certification is considered an asset
Please apply with Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.comAPPLY NOW! • FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICE MANAGER • Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort
Post Date: May 15, 2019 Deadline for Application: June 15, 2019
1155 Resort Drive
Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort & Conference Centre is an all-season destination resort located in Parksville, B.C., featuring 192 log constructed accommodation units set in 22 acres of forest and three restaurants showcasing unique West Coast inspireddishes. Tigh-Na-Mara is home to The Grotto Spa, the #1 Spa in Western Canada, offering signature treatments with a focus on natural ingredients. Tigh-Na-Mara Resort has everything you could ask for and more.