GUEST SERVICE AGENT
The Guest Service Agent is focused on providing efficient service and creating memorable experiences by making
emotional connections with all of our guests. In this position, you will have a direct impact on the overall experience of
our hotel guests and be responsible for ensuring 100% satisfaction from the moment guests arrive at the hotel until
they check out.
The successful candidate must have a friendly, smiley and welcoming attitude. The Guest Service Agent will be
responsible for welcoming our guests and accurately verifying all information during the check in process and following
up during check out. The candidate must be extremely knowledgeable of all Hotel information such as: hotel outlet
hours of operation, local attractions, rate structuring and guest related events such as conventions and meetings.
There is a requirement for each new agent to work the overnight shift. The Guest Service Agent – Night Audit is
responsible for the reconciliation and completion of all daily Desk Agents’ work. Responsibilities include but are not
limited to: posting balances to all guest rooms and closing out the day’s transactions; running accounts receivable
reports; providing next day reports to the Front Office, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Banquets, Health Club,
Sales and Executive Office as required. The candidate for this role will be organized and self-motivated. Along with the
accounting functions of the role, the Night Audit Agent may also provide guest services to guests during the overnight
hours, handling and helping to resolving issues as they arise.
The successful candidate will have excellent grooming and personal presentation, a friendly personality and a “can do”
attitude. A minimum of one year previous hotel experience is preferred but not required. The candidate must possess
excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written. This is the ideal position for someone
who has a passion for guest service, values problem resolution, and enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
This role provides a wonderful introduction to the hotel industry as it allows interaction with several areas of the hotel.
· Must have previous Guest Service experience in a large hotel.
· Must be able to work flexible hours.
· Must be able to assist Guests with their concerns maintaining professional standards and problem solve
· Must be able to perform professionally and politely under pressure.
· Must have excellent knowledge of the city, including, local events, restaurants, shopping and
· Communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
· Must have the ability to communicate with guests in a confident and pleasing manner under a variety of
· Must be able to operate efficiently and multi-task in an extremely busy environment.
· Must possess basic computer skills.
· Requires writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach different floors of the hotel on a timely basis.
· Must be a team player but able to work independently.
· Must be able to fluently speak, read, write and understand English.
Email a current resume and a cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.APPLY NOW! • GUEST SERVICE AGENT • Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
Post Date: June 11, 2019 Deadline for Application: July 31, 2019
1088 Burrard St
Since our opening in 1994, the Sheraton Wall Centre has upheld the highest standards of hospitality in the world-class city of Vancouver. Reflecting the beauty and spirit of the West Coast, the hotel is more than three resplendent glass towers at Vancouver’s heart: it depends on an all-important team of hotel professionals dedicated to providing every guest exceptional service. With over 400 associates in various departments, our team works together to ensure the Wall Centre remains exemplary in every way.
We are always looking for passionate talent and accept applications throughout the year. All candidates who apply to the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre are considered based on their individual skill sets and position openings. We emphasize enthusiasm and ability over experience. For those who work hard and consistently demonstrate their aptitude and positive attitude, the opportunities for career growth are endless.