Echo Valley Ranch and Spa is an award-winning guest ranch in the Cariboo Mountains. Our entire staff lives at the ranch, and is part of our family for the whole season. Echo Valley is more than a hotel, it’s our home. We care about people and the environment, and make every effort to keep our precious land as natural as possible. Echo Valley is a Gold Member of Green Tourism Canada, and we make every effort to not just talk the talk, but also walk the walk.
We are a seasonal operation, open from April 1 until October 31. We are seeking a passionate hospitality professional with a proven record for service excellence, leadership and team development.
The guest services position is a crucial part of our operation, and the first and foremost touch point with our guests. It is imperative that the person who holds this position is friendly, patient and demonstrates a high degree of customer service in all situations. This position works closely together with our marketing and operations departments, to ensure the best possible experience for our guests.
Our general requirements to fill this position are:
- Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Possess a keen eye for detail
- Be physically fit to meet the physical aspects of the position
- Have a passion for guest service and the ability to consistently anticipate guest needs.
- Be respectful and considerate of other staff- work obligations and personal space
- Maintain a cheerful, positive attitude while working in a remote lodge for long periods of time and living very closely with other staff members and guests
- Savor independent living in a remote wilderness setting with limited access to communication or traditional social life
- Have an adventurous spirit
- Have a special appreciation for diverse cultural backgrounds and the wilderness
- The ability to entertain the guests an advantage
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Frequent standing and walking throughout shift (shifts are often split throughout the day, 6 days per week), as well as extended periods of working with a computer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of guest services including scheduling of all guest activities and spa services (in coordination with ranch staff)
- Meet and greet all guests and conduct welcome briefings and facility tours (including for media and travel trade representatives)
- Briefing guests on all optional activities and services
- Take pictures of guests and upload to the Echo Valley Photos Facebook page, share with guests
- Work with the chef on meal planning and special event catering
- Coordinate with the Sales & Marketing department all guest and group requirements
- Coordinate all services for special events such as weddings, family reunions and corporate groups
- Print weekly reports from reservations system for kitchen and housekeeping
- prepare guest waivers and guest emails, send emails once per week to marketing department
- answer the ranch phone and respond to email inquiries on the weekend
- Hospitality sales experience preferably with a experiential resort property
- Fluency in English language (written and spoken)
- Office management experience
- Highly polished phone and email skills
- Previous customer service environment meeting and exceeding guest expectations
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking ability
Post Date: January 2, 2019 Deadline for Application: January 31, 2019
10635 Jesmond Road
Echo Valley Ranch & Spa, rated among the Top 25 hotels in Canada since 2011 (small hotels and best service) by TripAdvisor's Traveller's Choice, is discovered at the unique convergence of 4 geographic zones in BC's scenic Cariboo Region. Here, desert canyons meet grasslands underneath the Marble Mountains in a lush valley with endless views of the Chilcotin Mountains. Unique log cabins, suites and lodge rooms hand built of local cedar and pine treat up to 40 guests in 5-star comfort. Horseback, and hiking trails wind through green meadows and deep forests past trout-filled fly-fishing ponds. The mighty Fraser Canyon lures gold panners and photographers among its towering cliffs. Traditional Thai and western therapies re-energize both body and soul in the wellness spas and hydrotherapy tubs. Garden fresh foods complement bubbling mountain spring water and ranch style meals that highlight the ranch's 'farm to fork' approach to fine dining. Far away but never closer, the resort is easily reached by private plane, the spectacular Fraser Canyon rail route, by road, or a short commercial flight to Kamloops with a transfer.