Do you love exploring and playing in the outdoors, making new friends, hanging around the campfire, canoeing, kayaking, stand up paddleboarding, snowboarding, skiing, and snowshoeing? Well we have that, and more.
Manning Park Resort is a year round resort located between Hope and Princeton, BC. If you are ready to leave the hustle and bustle of city life, and enjoy outdoor fun and adventure, this is a great place to work. Staff housing is available, so your dream of living in the mountains is part of your adventure at Manning Park Resort.
Fresh linens, towels and a welcoming atmosphere, laundry and housekeeping is all about creating a big impression and exceeding our guest’s expectations.
As a member of the Housekeeping Team, you will be responsible for coordinating the housekeeping team with the training, cleaning and maintaining of guest accommodations and public areas. As well as periodically staff housing and public and back of the house areas within the Resort.
Responsibilities include: (but not limited to)
* Ensure all aspects of the Resort’s guest accommodations are cleaned to the prescribed standards of cleanliness.
* Ensure that stock levels are maintained and ordered as required
* Train and supervise the housekeeping, laundry and janitorial staff
* Scheduling and assigning of daily tasks
* Keep accurate time sheets
* Record maintenance issues and ensure units and equipment are in good repair
* Provide assistance ensuring the guest arrival, stay and departure processes fully integrated, and providing the guest with an exceptional level of service and quality
* Support and embrace a team atmosphere
* Maintain a high level of professionalism, providing exceptional guest service at all points of contact
* Effectively resolve guest complaints ensuring the guests’ needs are exceeded
* Complete all tasks in a timely manner within an individual and multi-functional team environment
* Maintain a safe and environmentally sound work practices
* Assist with emergency situations as required
* Work towards continuous improvement and quality in all areas
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
* 2 years of housekeeping experience (preferred) and 1 year of supervisory experience (preferred)
* Knowledge of a housekeeping department and best practices is an asset
* Good physical condition, as this position is physically demanding
* Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
* A passion for guest service and a proven ability to consistently anticipate guest needs.
* Team player and a self-starter, with the ability to effectively work independently as required.
* Ability to take on work and projects and see them through to completion.
* Professional in attitude and appearance.
* Well organized with excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to work within and promote an innovative and multi-tasked environment.
* Awareness of environmentally sound practices with a commitment to this area
* Must be flexible to work as business levels dictate
* Able to handle, use and care for various machinery such as carpet cleaners, vacuums, etc.
* Clean Driver’s license
* Free staff housing (just a nominal utilities charge)
* Free season pass for all activities
* Food and retail discounts to the Country Store, Pinewoods Restaurant and Bear's Den Pub
Check out what it's like to live and work at Manning Park Resort!
Please submit your cover letter and resume to https://manningpark.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=4APPLY NOW! • HEAD HOUSEKEEPER • Manning Park Resort
Post Date: October 26, 2020 Deadline for Application: October 31, 2020
7500 Highway 3
Located in the heart of the Cascade Mountains, Manning Park offers accommodations, fine dining, and a range of outdoor activities from skiing, snow boarding, snow shoeing, and more in the winter, to hiking, biking, camping, swimming, and much more in the summer!
At Manning Park Resort, we like to attract employees with an interest in a healthy lifestyle and who are committed to providing a high quality resort experience. Most come for one season and end up staying for many more. Come and enjoy the Fresh Air Experience!!
Subsidized staff housing available for successful candidates