Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing is a Canadian Company dedicated to supplying the finest skiing experience in the world. Guests come from around the world to ski in an area known for its powder skiing. Since 1970, Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing has been committed to the “soul” of skiing. We are also committed to integrating research and training into every aspect of our operation, from safe travel in the mountains to professional service within every department of the resort.
NOC Code: 6532
Terms of Employment
Seasonal position for Winter 2020/2021 (Tentatively November 2020 – April 2021)
Job location: 1 Harwood Drive, Blue River BC, V0E 1J0
$5000 – $6600 per month (dependant on experience)
Helicopter Ski Guides are responsible for providing the ultimate skiing/boarding experience in the safest possible environment. Must have the ability to provide an exciting and memorable heli-ski vacation while always caring for customer safety and comfort. A professional manner and ability to carry on business with integrity and respect for customers of MWHS is integral to this position.
The hospitality business catering to the elite is a highly competitive business in which consumer taste change dramatically. Our company is built on customer loyalty due to the high levels of service and a very positive image. In order to maintain this image, we must constantly strive to improve our facilities and product to ensure we maintain a competitive edge.
Function and Tasks
1. Assisting the Guiding Operations Manager with winter guiding
2. Performing safety orientations, including hazard awareness
3. Assembling and inspecting necessary supplies and equipment, such as radios, transceivers, shovel packs, etc.
4. Wildlife management and reporting
5. Planning the ski routes for the day for his or her ski group
6. Leading and accompanying individuals and/or groups while advising on safety and emergency measures, techniques, and the use of equipment
7. Providing instruction for skiing route selection and safety measures around the helicopter
8. Advising guests on specific regulations, following environmental safety guidelines, and preventing violations
9. Providing first aid in emergency situations
10. May prepare meals for group
1. Frequent environmental exposure to cold, heat, and water.
2. Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion, and up to 35 pounds regularly.
3. Manual dexterity required.
4. Travel to the site to and off-site locations required.
5. Work both indoors and outdoors.
6. Willing and able to work on a seasonal basis.
1. Experienced Helicopter-Ski Guide (2+ years experience)
2. Certified Ski Guide or Mountain Guide (Level 3 Canadian Ski Guide Association preferred)
3. Level 2 Avalanche Technician (Canadian Avalanche Association)
4. Advanced First Aid Attendant (80+ hours)
5. Level 3 Canadian Ski Instructors Association or equivalent (Level 4 preferred)
6. Demonstrated ability in guiding in mountainous terrain
7. Demonstrated knowledge of the MWHS tenure terrain, to include the Rockies, Cariboos, and Monashees
8. English Language (Strong spoken and written language skills)
Apply directly online or for further information please email email@example.comAPPLY NOW! • HELICOPTER SKI GUIDE • Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing
Post Date: June 26, 2020
Box 159 - #1 Harrwood Drive
MWHS is situated right in the town of Blue River, which is located on the Yellowhead Highway 5, halfway between Kamloops, BC and Jasper, AB. The town and resort are a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts. There are numerous hiking trails perfect for snow shoeing, a regularly groomed network of cross country ski trails, and a lake right in town that’s fantastic for skating and ice fishing. The beautiful mountain town of Jasper, AB, is only a two and a half hour drive away where you can enjoy a day of skiing at Marmot Basin and a good meal in town at the end of the day. In addition, you can volunteer for the Blue River fire department, take part in events and outings planned by the staff events committee, play ice hockey at the rink in town, or simply spend an evening with good friends around a campfire.
When you work at Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing you become part of a larger family of motivated people who thrive in a natural environment that promotes safe practice and good health. What are you waiting for?