White Wilderness Heli-Skiing is looking for additional guiding staff to showcase their passion for ski guiding while demonstrating a
level of excellence in customer service and safety.
We are a team of enthusiastic skiers and snowboarders dedicated to providing our guests with the best on and off mountain experience.
We believe in an open, fun, and creative team approach while maintaining a high standard of safety and professionalism.
The WWHS tenure covers 2500 square kilometers of the Hazelton Mountains outside of Terrace, in Northwestern British Columbia. Our terrain lends itself perfectly to the small group experience which allows us to venture into ski lines where larger groups cannot and guarantees fresh turns for everyone.
Position- Ski or Mountain Guide
Duties and Responsibilities-
· Assist with development, organization, and management of daily heliskiing
· Create an enjoyable ski experience while managing hazards and maintaining
a high level of safety.
· Coach guests, as required in movement skills, technique, and safety. Give
clear, concise direction and instructions in field.
· Provide effective companion rescue and helicopter safety training.
· Create courteous, friendly relationships, both on the mountain and off. Host
clientele to ensure their stay exceeds expectations.
· Model professionalism with all guests and staff.
· Demonstrate effective communication with staff, air crew, and guests.
· Come prepared daily, both physically and mentally, to effectively perform
· Engage and participate in twice daily guides meeting. Decisions are team
based and all guides and pilots have a say in the daily risk management.
· Understand and adhere to all WWHS written procedures and policies.
· Other non guiding duties including maintenance and upkeep of guiding
equipment, vehicles, office space, etc.
Compensation, Benefits –
· Ranging from $400 to $500 per day dependant on experience
· Flight and / or mileage costs
· Accommodations and meals provided
· ACMG Ski, IFMGA Mountain or CSGA Level 3 Guide,
· Canadian Avalanche Association Operations Level 2,
· Current 80-hour First Aid certificate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities-
· Able to manage complex logistics and problem solve effectively in a fast-paced,
often stressful environment.
· Strong work ethic with ability to see beyond personal tasks and willingness to help
· Effective, clear communicator whether in the field, office or at the lodge with guests and
· Team player willing to work with all members to achieve the success of the operation.
· Detail oriented, organized, and able to prioritize tasks and ensure completion.
· Confidence to step into leadership roles with a willingness to accept mentorship to continue
· Ability to lift, carry, or move up to 40 pounds.
· Ability to manage oneself and others in a winter mountain environment.
· Ability to complete basic office tasks.
· A typical shift rotation is 2-weeks on and 1-week off. Guiding days are Saturday to Thursday with
Friday as a changeover day. Guides must be available on Friday for light non guiding duties.
Terms- Seasonal, full time commencing January 2023
Location- 6167 Chimdemash Frontage Road, Terrace British
Columbia. V8G 0A8
Language- English required, German an asset
To apply- contact firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY NOW! • HELISKI GUIDE • White Wilderness Heli-Skiing
Post Date: November 14, 2022 Deadline for Application: November 1, 2022