· Creates the daily room assignment for Room Attendants, and manages and adjusts Room Attendant workload as required ensuring that all applicable sections of the Collective Agreement are upheld.
· Fosters a positive and supportive work environment that is motivating, engaging, and results-focussed.
· Cleans guest rooms and completes laundry as required in accordance with Coast Hotels standards.
· Supports with the implementation of Coast Inn of the North Business Plan actions and initiatives, and special projects, and the efficient operations of the department by completing administrative tasks as assigned.
· Champions and supports changes to department processes and systems, and ensures that process requirements are followed by all team members.
· Generates draft weekly schedules for review.
· Conducts weekly inventory reviews and reports ordering requirements.
· Conducts Room Inspections as required.
· Takes a leadership role in Health & Safety, monitoring and maintaining the health and safety program for the Housekeeping Department and representing the Department on the Health & Safety Committee.
· Provides formal and informal recognition to acknowledge the demonstration of excellent performance and /or adherence to the Coast Values, Coast Competencies or the Leadership Accountability Profile within the Department.
· Escalates performance concerns to management as required and provides information to support conducting Performance and Development Plan discussions.
· Manages the Guest Lost & Found.
· Other duties as required
· Secondary School Diploma or equivalent, WHMIS training required. Industry-specific certification such as Emerit Housekeeping Room Attendant or Tourism Supervisor preferred.
· Three years supervisory experience in a hospitality environment required. Able to take direction and follow instructions, requirements and regulations.
· Physical mobility and stamina.
· Demonstrated ability to lead others effectively during a shift within the functional area.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Intermediate level in the use of reservations system software, time and attendance software, and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
· Demonstrates superior customer service and service orientation at all times.
Coast Hotels offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Coast Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coast Hotels would like to thank all interested applicants
However only those selected for an interview will be contacted
No Place Like Coast!
APPLY NOW! • HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR • Coast Hotels
Post Date: February 14, 2020
700 – 535 Thurlow Street
Coast Hotels Corporate Office and Central Reservations department are located in Vancouver BC. We are a dynamic and growing company with hotels throughout BC, Alberta, NWT, YT, and Western United States.