Echo Valley Ranch & Spa located in Jesmond, in BC’s scenic Cariboo Chilcotin Coast – is looking for a kitchen assistant. We are a seasonal operation offering employment from April 1 until October 31, 2019. Echo Valley Ranch and Spa is an award-winning guest ranch in the Cariboo Mountains. Our entire staff lives at the ranch, and is part of our family for the whole season. Echo Valley is more than a hotel, it’s our home. We care about people and the environment, and make every effort to keep our precious land as natural as possible. Echo Valley is a Gold Member of Green Tourism Canada, and we make every effort to not just talk the talk, but also walk the walk.
As kitchen assistant, your duties will include preparing salads, soups, fruit and vegetable platters and general meal preparation 6 days per week. This opportunity is suitable for a 1st year Culinary Arts Program person, or someone who has experience gained from employment in the restaurant industry. We are looking for someone who has the unique ability to adapt to both the lifestyle of working and living in a remote location. If this sounds like you, please reply.
Room and board provided onsite. Check out our website www.evranch.com for more information about our luxury Guest ranch & spa.
Preference given to candidates with restaurant industry and remote living experience
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible and reliable
• Proficient in English (written & verbal), second language is an asset
Successful Candidate will:
• Be a self-starter with a strong work ethic
• Be physically fit to meet the physical aspects of the position
• Be respectful and considerate of other staff- work obligations and personal space
• Maintain a cheerful, positive attitude while working in a remote lodge for long periods of time and living very closely with other staff members and guests
• Savor independent living in a remote wilderness setting with limited access to communication or traditional social life
• Have an adventurous spirit
• Have a special appreciation for diverse cultural backgrounds and the wilderness
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Please send resume & cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants of interest will be contacted for an interview. Due to the volume of emails only successful applicants will be contacted. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants in advance for their interest.APPLY NOW! • KITCHEN ASSISTANT • Echo Valley Ranch & Spa
Post Date: January 31, 2019 Deadline for Application: February 28, 2019
10635 Jesmond Road
Echo Valley Ranch & Spa, rated among the Top 25 hotels in Canada since 2011 (small hotels and best service) by TripAdvisor's Traveller's Choice, is discovered at the unique convergence of 4 geographic zones in BC's scenic Cariboo Region. Here, desert canyons meet grasslands underneath the Marble Mountains in a lush valley with endless views of the Chilcotin Mountains. Unique log cabins, suites and lodge rooms hand built of local cedar and pine treat up to 40 guests in 5-star comfort. Horseback, and hiking trails wind through green meadows and deep forests past trout-filled fly-fishing ponds. The mighty Fraser Canyon lures gold panners and photographers among its towering cliffs. Traditional Thai and western therapies re-energize both body and soul in the wellness spas and hydrotherapy tubs. Garden fresh foods complement bubbling mountain spring water and ranch style meals that highlight the ranch's 'farm to fork' approach to fine dining. Far away but never closer, the resort is easily reached by private plane, the spectacular Fraser Canyon rail route, by road, or a short commercial flight to Kamloops with a transfer.