Start Date: ASAP
Hours Per Week: 25-40
Wage: $15.75/hour to start
At the Sea to Sky Gondola, we make it easy for people to connect with the great outdoors. We work hard to make sure both our team members, and our guests, have a great experience.
Our Line Cooks work in all food outlets of the Summit Lodge Food Service to prepare, cook and present food according to Sea to Sky Gondola’s standard recipes. Our open line allows our cooks to engage with our guests and suggestively sell food and beverage products. All Kitchen Team Members help ensure proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with health department regulations.
• Are you passionate about food and creating an exceptional guest experience?
• Do you have a passion for people and the outdoors?
• Are you good at multi-tasking and remaining calm when things get busy?
If so, keep reading to find out more about the role…
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Set up and work within a section under direct supervision
• Prepare all food items as per standard recipes and presentation
• Keep station up to sanitation and safety standards as well as set up with mise en place
• Ensure that all equipment is in working order and well maintained
• Has knowledge of all food products used on station and can educate guests
• Handle and store all food products properly including rotation and labeling
• Produce all banquet functions food
• All other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 1 year high volume cooking experience
• Foodsafe certification
• Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with guests and team members
• Training in safety and sanitation
• The ability to present well, keep food station clean and stocked throughout service
• Proven ability to multi task with strong organizational skills
• Team player, willing to cross-train and help as needed in all areas of F&B
• Physically able to work long hours
• Mature, friendly, and well-groomed
Staff Accommodation may be available, with shared and single rooms, in newly constructed houses and apartments. Please inquire about availability.
Please email your resume and a letter introducing yourself to JoinOurTeam@seatoskygondola.com Subject Line â Line CookAPPLY NOW! • LINE COOK (1ST COOK) • Sea to Sky Gondola Limited Partnership
Post Date: January 11, 2019
36800 Highway 99
Our belief in the future of the Sea to Sky region, access to formerly inaccessible terrain and spectacular scenery creates what we believe is a world-class attraction.
Squamish is home to many outstanding natural attractions that people from all over the world come to visit every year. Howe Sound fjord, the Stawamus Chief, the high coastal alpine mountains and Shannon Falls have all made the Sea-to-Sky Highway one of the most spectacular scenic drives in all of North America and the world. While visually dramatic, some of these features remain inaccessible for many of the visitors to the area. The Sea to Sky Gondola links these elements into one unique recreational experience; a true sea-to-sky experience!