Discover Surrey is a not-for-profit Destination Marketing Organization (DMO) whose mandate is to develop, promote, and assist Surrey’s businesses build and grow their tourism product and offerings through innovative community, regional and cooperative campaigns and initiatives. The organization is focused on the priority sector markets of Sport, Golf and Community as well as the promotion of Surrey as an overnight stop in the Metro Vancouver area.
The Marketing Coordinator position is a critical role that will focus on creating and executing a strategic marketing and promotion plan in addition to building and nurturing stakeholder engagement.
We are looking for an energetic, detail oriented individual to play a critical role in helping our tourism businesses achieve continued success and assist in changing the perception of Surrey to both residents and visitors in our community.
· Create a content calendar and write/publish daily blog content.
· Managing the social media budget for Facebook advertising and boosted posts.
· Work with external agencies, suppliers and contractors.
· Manage consumer marketing campaigns such as the Golf Surrey program and participate in co-operative marketing initiatives.
· Coordinate a variety of initiatives including the Discover Surrey guide and map.
· Execute monthly stakeholder and consumer newsletters.
· Report monthly on social media campaign results, website analytics, etc.
· Create annual reports and participate in annual marketing planning sessions.
· Create and manage website landing pages and content.
· Post secondary degree in marketing, communications, hotel management or hospitality.
· Knowledge of the tourism industry, best practices, and industry marketing trends an asset.
· Experience posting, monitoring, and executing paid campaigns on social media platforms.
· Experience with social listening tools such as Hootsuite and photo curation tools such as Crowdriff.
· Knowledge of the website platform Wordpress.
· Experience creating and executing e-newsletter campaigns, experience with Mailchimp an asset.
· Knowledge of Customer Relations Management System (CRM) preferred.
· Ability to juggle multiple projects with varying deadlines at one time.
· Knowledge of Google Search and Display ads and Google Analytics.
· Ability to correspond and manage contractors.
· Ability to create positive relationships with stakeholders.
· Strong writing abilities with accurate spelling, punctuation, grammar and tone.
· Basic graphic design skills considered an asset.
· Self-motivated, detail oriented, and able to work under tight deadlines.
· Experience managing print projects considered an asset.
Please email a resume with a cover letter to email@example.com by March 31, 2019. Discover Surrey thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those short listed will be contacted for an interview.APPLY NOW! • MARKETING COORDINATOR • Discover Surrey
Post Date: March 14, 2019 Deadline for Application: March 31, 2019
730 176 Street
Discover Surrey is an independent, non-profit organization, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors various sectors of the tourism industry. Discover Surrey's ultimate goal is to increase awareness of tourism opportunities in Surrey and increase the number of overnight visitors to Surrey. Discover Surrey promotes the many benefits of our city to sporting event planners, meeting and convention organizers, and tour group operators. Surrey is eager to attract large-scale sporting and cultural events, as well as large business and visitors groups. Discover Surrey works hard to ensure that our city is viewed as an attractive all-inclusive overnight destination that is adding new sporting or regional events every year.