Here’s To Your Journey with Marriott Hotels, Resorts and Suites
Marriott Hotels, Resorts and Suites is one of Marriott International’s 30 renowned hotel brands. As the world’s leading hospitality company, we offer unmatched opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration.
The JW Marriott Parq Vancouver, located at 39 Smithe St, Vancouver, BC, V6B1C1 is currently hiring a Massage Therapist / Esthetician Spa Therapist.
- Provide massage services to guests using props and/or products.
- Provide waxing and skincare services to guests.
- Determine and advise guests on proper skin, hair, or nail care and recommend home care regimens.
- Assess guest needs, inquire about contraindications (e.g., allergies, high blood pressure, pregnancy), and examine skin, hair, or nails to evaluate condition, appearance, and appropriateness of service.
- Escort guests to and from treatment rooms.
- Arrange workstation, treatment room, and/or drapes, and check with guest to ensure guest comfort and safety throughout service.
- Promote and sell spa/salon services and retail products.
- Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools.
- Set up workstation and/or treatment room with necessary products, equipment, and supplies to ensure guest comfort and safety.
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room throughout shift, dispose of trash and dirty linens, and secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift.
- Monitor and stick to time schedule throughout the day.
- Handle inappropriate guest behavior by stopping service and informing supervisor/manager.
- Maintain current licensure in service area.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time; grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others.
So, we ask, where will your journey take you? Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.