Reporting to the Support Services Manager or on-site Manager. This position is responsible for maintaining general cleanliness of the premises, assisting at mealtimes and maintaining a safe environment for the residents. Specific duties will depend on scheduled designation for each shift (ex: housekeeping, laundry, dietary aide).
· Promote and maintain an atmosphere of harmony and home-like environment.
· Maintenance and upgrading of immunizations.
· Commitment to providing the highest quality service.
· Maintenance of required certification. (ex: WHMIS, FoodSafe)
· Commitment to teamwork.
· Awareness of resident safety.
· Perform duties within Simpe Q safety guidelines (ex: MSIPP awareness)
· Awareness of right to refuse unsafe work.
· Expectation of knowledge and daily practice of the Simpe Q and Courtyard Terrace principles and policies.
· Reporting of unsafe equipment or resident safety issues to General Manager.
· Assist and participate in events organized by Simpe Q.
· Weekly/daily housekeeping of residents’ rooms as per schedule:
o Clean bathroom with recommended cleaning supplies.
o Sweep and mop bedroom and bathroom floors.
o Vacuum any carpeted areas.
o Change bed linens and bed making.
o Laundry removal
o Remove garbage.
o Dust furniture if surfaces are pre cleared by resident.
o Assist in maintaining tidy cupboards and drawers
· Cleaning of common areas and hallways.
· Assisting with meal service and dishwashing
· Assist in kitchen with meal preparation, delivery and clean up.
· Use of laundry machines.
· Management of soiled linens.
· Knowledge of infection control practices in all areas of the Home.
· Empty garbage at end of each shift.
· Terminal cleaning when residents vacate a room.
· Internal window washing as per schedule.
· Other related duties as assigned by Simpe Q Supervisor.
Adheres to regulations outlined in the following Acts and Legislations:
● Perform all duties in a manner in which client safety is the focus.
● Report any unsafe activities that may cause harm or injury to a client.
● Educate other co-workers/colleagues on the proper safety techniques when there is a possibility of endangering a client.
● Observe and correct any unsafe behavior demonstrated by client.
· Job requires a significant amount of sitting, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and walking (according to the National Occupational Classification (NOC) Definitions, this job is considered “Medium”).
· Lifting 50lbs maximum.
· Frequently lifting and/or carrying objects up to 20lbs.
· May involve sitting with pushing and pulling or arm and/or leg controls.
· Must be able to handle stressful situations in the workplace.
Health and Safety Risks:
- Muscle strain from lifting, transferring, turning clients
- Dealing with aggressive clients
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Working at a desk/computer
- WHMIS & Control products (e.g. Cleaning products, skin & wound products, shampoos, soaps, antiseptic and antibacterial solutions, Oxygen)
- Contact with blood & body fluids
- Exposure to illnesses common to communal living environments (Influenza, colds, GI illnesses, other bacteria & viruses)
- Plants and animals
- Needle stick injuries
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY NOW! • MULTI-SKILLED WORKER – PINE GROVE CARE CENTRE • Simpe 'Q' Care Inc.
Post Date: March 23, 2020
#200 - 1221 Lonsdale Ave
We are an award-winning provider of value-added staffing, services and administration within the senior health care industry.
With our background as nursing care providers, we recognize the complexities of health care services and endeavour to administer and manage excellence in senior care services.
Our name is our assurance - Service - Individual - Meaningful - Positive & Proactive - Energetic - Quality.
As the future of senior care is a concern for every Canadian community, SimpeQ Care is dedicated to anticipating and adapting to the needs of the senior health care industry.
We demonstrate our leadership for compelling reasons - our services foster and facilitate feelings of freedom to embrace and enjoy senior living achieving a balance with multifaceted health care services.
Giving our best is our promise. We ensure seniors are guaranteed the respect and dignity they deserve. They have earned it with lives that have spanned decades with their unique history and character.
We appreciate, and respect, each person as part of the fabric of the SimpeQ Care family. Our compassion for seniors encompasses encouraging caring relationships between seniors entrusted to our care, their families and our staff.
A life with quality care is our commitment to seniors. To us, providing quality care means more than service - it's our passion.