Sea to Sky Parks operates a number of Provincial Parks, Campgrounds and Day Use areas in the Sea to Sky Corridor and Fraser Valley.
We are currently hiring for Paddlesports Rental Assistants to join our team working at our Cultus Lake and Sasquatch Provincial Park locations.
Positions are seasonal and would commence in mid-June and continue thru until Labour Day.
Positions are based in the parks at the Paddlesports Rentals Area on the lake front.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Watersport Rental Attendants are responsible for providing safe and knowledgeable rental service to campers and park visitors. Watersport Rental Attendants should be comfortable working independently and have intermediate boating/paddling knowledge as well as excellent customer service.
• Provide Watersport rental equipment and concessionary items to all park visitors.
• Ensure that a safe, clean and sanitary environment is maintained in all Operating Areas.
• Compliance with all Sea to Sky Park Services policies and procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook.
• Maintain an inventory of concessionary items and place orders with the Park Manager when needed.
• To follow proper cash/credit handling and record keeping procedures.
• To follow proper cash out and daily reconciliation procedures.
• Administer the boat safety talk to each guest.
• Enforce the safety rules and regulations, including the wearing of PFD’s.
• Perform equipment and gear safety checks and ensure all issues are reported to the Park Manager.
• Ensure proper completion of and understanding of the waiver forms.
• Understand and adhere to all emergency procedures outlined in the manual.
• Perform basic first aid and emergency response if required.
• Cleaning and maintaining areas surrounding the rental hut which may include landscaping, litter pick up, raking etc.
• To provide assistance with park patrol, park information and site facilities maintenance as required.
• Previous paddling experience required, Basic Flatwater Level 1 certificate or Instructor SUP Flatwater Level 1 certificate is an asset.
• Valid Occupational First Aid level 1.
• Valid B.C. Driver’s License required.
• Cash handling experience.
• Ability to keep organized and detailed records in regard to rental tracking, waiver forms, etc.
• Must be responsible and able to work independently
• Strong public relations and guest service skills required, must be able to be assertive while maintaining a friendly manner.
• Able to work in adverse weather conditions.
• Ability to respond appropriately to emergencies.
• Able to lift up to 40 lbs. – handling canoes and paddleboards
• Walking and standing up to 8 hours per day
• Ability to swim
To apply for this position please email a resume and covering letter to Human Resourcesemail@example.comAPPLY NOW! • PADDLESPORTS RENTAL ASSISTANTS (CULTUS LAKE & SASQUATCH PROVINCIAL PARKS) • Mt Seymour Resorts Ltd
Post Date: May 15, 2019 Deadline for Application: May 31, 2019
1700 Mount Seymour Road
(604) 986-2261 x1
Mt Seymour is a winter recreation area located in North Vancouver. We offer a wide variety of winter activities including skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, tubing and toboganning.