Position: Prize Home Coordinator
Working Conditions: Full-time Contract; June - September
Date Posted: April 19, 2017
The Pacific National Exhibition is the largest employer of youth in British Columbia, the longest and best attended annual ticketed event in BC and the site of hundreds of famous events. At the PNE, we strive to create an environment of equality, leadership, and teamwork.
The PNE Gaming Department oversees all gaming functions including PNE Prize Home Lottery, 50/50 Draw, and Wheel of Fortune Games. The PNE Prize Home Lottery is the oldest charity lottery in BC and features a new custom designed home as the grand prize. The Prize Home Coordinator is responsible for coordinating various operational aspects for PNE Prize Home. The Prize Home Coordinator reports to the Manager of Gaming and Assistant Manager of Gaming.
We are seeking an energetic and motivated individual with a passion for Gaming and the PNE. Our ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, organizational & communication skills as well as a have strong attention to detail. We are looking for someone that has previous experience in a supervisor capacity in a team environment. The ideal candidate has strong interpersonal skills and is comfortable in building working relationships with the lottery’s partners and sponsors. This individual will work in compliance with all health and safety requirements as determined by WorkSafeBC, and all other applicable legislation and company policies.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the PNE’s Prize Home including Prize Home tours during the annual Fair and Preview weekends
- Assist in overseeing operational aspects of the Prize Home, media and promotional events
- Compile necessary material to create a detailed manual of the Prize Home features
- Train and educate hosts about the Prize Home features
- Motivate staff and develop an incentive program
- Complete necessary documentation for hiring, payroll, uniforms, IDs, etc
- Schedule, supervise and evaluate performance of up to 25 Prize Home hosts
- Support Gaming department with other projects and initiatives as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned