A dynamic and growing brand, Coast Hotels’ culture is rooted in our values. The Coast Tsawwassen Inn is a newly renovated, premium all-suite hotel, offering 90 comfortable and spacious rooms, banquet rooms, an indoor pool and fitness room. Consistently rated #1 in guest satisfaction and rated one of the finest hotels available within Coast Hotels.
Browns Socialhouse is dedicated to the art of presenting exceptional cuisine in our own stylish and unique setting. For us Browns is more than a restaurant, it is a place to be welcomed, remembered and indulged, with a standard for service and food that will leave you feeling exceptional and satisfied, every time.
We are currently recruiting for a Hospitality Property Accountant to join our growing team. The successful candidate will play a critical role in the successful and efficient operation of the assigned hospitality properties.
The Hospitality Property Accountant will report to Hospitality Controller and work collaboratively on a day to day basis with the Site General Manager(s). This position is responsible for the day-to-day full cycle professional accounting of assigned properties ensuring systems and controls are in place to effectively capture the transactions and safeguard the assets. As well, this role provides regular, timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis.
The role requires a team player with strong operational and financial focus, sound judgment and exceptional customer service skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The specific responsibilities of the Property Accountant, Hospitality will vary depending on the needs of the properties. Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Adheres to established policies and procedures for all assigned properties
- Continuously evaluates financial and operational policies and procedures with a view to improving their effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of bank reconciliations and outstanding items are promptly investigated and resolved
- Ensures compliance with sales tax (GST/PST) legislation
- Ensures timely and accurate reconciliation of general ledger; prepares and posts all journal entries
- Reviews accuracy and timeliness of the night audit and cashier reports
- Reviews and audits cash receipts, issues and monitors cash floats
- Participates in food and beverage inventory counts
Reporting, Planning and Forecasting
- Prepares and analyses monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements of assigned properties including commentaries
- Assists with the preparation of forecasts and budgets
- Prepares special reports as requested
- Reviews and verifies invoices for payment
- Verifies and validates franchise fee payments and partnership distributions if applicable
Guest and City Ledgers
- Processes and approves credit applications or recommends applications for approval
- Reviews city ledger transfers to ensure billings are issued and collected in a timely basis
- Ensures guest and city sub ledger totals balance with the general ledger
- Ensures the timely compliance with all established payroll processes; is the primary liaison with corporate office
- Functions as the time and attendance site support, provides coaching and training to leaders on proper use and procedures of the system