Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism and Indigenous Tourism BC are seeking a talented individual to join our team to develop and grow Indigenous tourism in the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Region of British Columbia!
The successful applicant will work with teams at Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism Association (CCCTA) and Indigenous Tourism Association of BC (ITBC) to engage to further develop opportunities related to Indigenous tourism in the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast region.
Come prepared to learn, experience and grow with us!
This position will focus on developing networks and relationships with Indigenous communities in the Cariboo Chilcotin Coast region. As a representative of Indigenous Tourism BC and Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism, connecting Indigenous communities and partners to programming and opportunities in the tourism industry will be paramount. A primary component of the position will focus on engagement in Destination Development Implementation with Indigenous partners and raising the profile of both ITBC and CCCTA activities throughout the region. This important community outreach role will also include gathering unique Indigenous cultural content for experience development and marketing initiatives.
· Build relationships with Indigenous communities and entrepreneurs, individuals, businesses and partners with the goal to inform, engage and support participation in the visitor economy
· In collaboration with ITBC/CCCTA management teams, assist Indigenous tourism partners in connecting to appropriate programs
· In collaboration with ITBC/CCCTA management teams, assist non-Indigenous tourism partners in connecting to appropriate Indigenous programs and operators
· Gather and allocate information about existing and potential Indigenous tourism experiences in the region
· Make strategic recommendations and implement supports to meet market-ready standards and increase regional tourism growth
· Identify opportunities related to Indigenous tourism in Cariboo Chilcotin Coast including partnerships, marketing, training & capacity, experience development
· Support the marketing team to acquire unique Indigenous stories and content
· Seek and act on opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement
· Establish and maintain a network of contacts across the region
· Maintain and manage budget within area of responsibility
· Contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
· Post-Secondary education preferred.
· Thorough understanding of BC’s tourism industry; 5+ years professional experience in business, tourism and strategy development an asset.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of First Nations communities with a keen desire to develop economic opportunities for Indigenous and non-Indigenous tourism businesses.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including writing, public speaking and presentation.
· Strong facilitation skills.
· Excellent analytic and problem solving skills.
· Ability to create and maintain effective and credible relationships with First Nations leadership, tourism industry leaders and entrepreneurs.
· Project management expertise with skills in planning, organizing and managing resources to meet a goal.
· Ability to contribute as a member of a professional team as well as the ability to work independently.
· Strong skills in time management, organization and prioritization as well as experience taking initiative.
· Demonstrated discretion and the ability to work with sensitive information.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· BC Driver’s License required.
· Ability to travel extensively within the region and to the Lower Mainland as required.
To apply for this job, please send your resume and cover letter by May 24, 2019 (Close of Business) to email@example.com.
APPLY NOW! • REGIONAL INDIGENOUS TOURISM SPECIALIST • Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism Association
Post Date: May 9, 2019 Deadline for Application: May 24, 2019
#204-350 Barnard Street
A Regional Destination Management Organization representing Destination British Columbia, Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism Region promotes the development of tourism, marketing the tourism products of the region with its industry partners, and promotes the regional film and motion picture industry. Through innovative approaches and leading-edge marketing initiatives, Cariboo Chilcotin Coast is responsible for ensuring the long-term growth and prosperity of the regions multimillion dollar tourism industry. Considered an industry leader, Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism is adding to its team of talented and motivated employees. All applicants should be excellent communicators and high achievers who are dedicated to business excellence and customer service. Products and services include, access to an extensive image bank, travel guide and DVD, Fam tour assistance, itinerary planning assistance, property inspections and recommendations, along with our expert regional knowledge.