Executive Housekeeper, Housekeeping Manager, Team Leader
Hours of Work:
24 – 40 hours per week, depending on business levels
Day shifts in a 7-day a week operation
Responsible for providing housekeeping service and maintaining high standards of cleanliness in guest rooms and surrounding areas, in a timely and organized manner, ensuring a safe and secure environment
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
· Able to physically meet the responsibilities of the position i.e. walk/stand for a long period of time, carry and lift items weighing as much as 20 lbs and pull/push up to 200 lbs.
· Passion for customer service and attention to detail.
· Capable of creative problem solving i.e. will take appropriate risks to satisfy guests.
· Good communication skills, approachable, friendly demeanor, and a positive attitude at all times.
· Proven ability to excel in a team environment.
· Prior housekeeping experience preferred but not necessary.
· Knowledge of WHMIS preferred but not required.
1. Clean and service a set number of guest rooms, while following correct procedures, including (but not limited to) changing bed linens, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting, and replenishing supplies.
2. Prompt and accurate reporting of completed guest rooms and the reporting of any rooms unable to be serviced, according to set procedures.
3. Provide housekeeping service for occupied rooms with the highest regard for our guests’ privacy and comfort.
4. Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly and professional manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
5. Take ownership of the timely completion and documentation of rotating cleaning tasks for guestrooms – according to set procedures.
6. The immediate reporting of unsafe conditions and needed repairs, as per guidelines provided.
7. Work in such a careful manner that damage to the building and its contents is prevented at all times.
8. Ensure that linen rooms and housekeeping equipment are consistently maintained to the required standards.
9. Work in accordance with Health & Safety mandates and Departmental Loss Prevention rules.
10. Show continuous support for all environmental- and energy conservation initiatives.
11. Handle chemicals as per WHMIS regulations.
12. Ensure the security of all guest property (including lost & found items), storage rooms and equipment as per guidelines provided.
13. Maintain a professional image at all times through conduct, appearance and dress by following company policies & procedures as outlined in the Team Member handbook.
14. Contribute to the successful organization and morale of the Housekeeping Department.
15. Other duties or tasks as assigned.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Able to physically meet the responsibilities of the position i.e. walk/stand for a long period of time, carry and lift items weighing as much as 20 lbs and pull/push up to 200 lbs.
Passion for customer service and attention to detail.
Capable of creative problem solving i.e. will take appropriate risks to satisfy guests.
Good communication skills, approachable, friendly demeanor, and a positive attitude at all times.
Proven ability to excel in a team environment.
Prior housekeeping experience preferred but not necessary.
Knowledge of WHMIS preferred but not required
Post Date: December 6, 2018 Deadline for Application: January 1, 2019
4050 Whistler Way
Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa is known as a year-round world-class destination for skiing, golfing, and outdoor adventure. This Whistler hotel is located mere steps from the chairlifts and breathtaking views of the Whistler/Blackcomb resort and world famous Whistler golf courses. Our hotel staff work hard to ensure our guests enjoy a spectacular retreat from the ordinary! The Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa is also a pet friendly Whistler hotel.