Coast Prince George Hotel by APA, Prince George, BC
Coast Hotels is a dynamic and growing brand. Our culture is rooted in our values and leadership accountability; and as part of that culture we believe in the growth and development of our Ambassadors.
As a Winston’s Server, you will provide superior customer service and uphold quality standards for Coast Hotels Food & Beverage operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Acting as an Ambassador for Coast including greeting guests, making them feel welcome, and handling basic inquiries
• Taking, relaying, and serving food and/or beverage orders in the dining area/lounge
• Taking and delivering room service orders
• Providing food and/or beverage product knowledge, making recommendations as appropriate
• Managing reservations
• Handling cash, credit and debit card transactions in accordance with Hotel Policies
• Adhering to quality and industry standards when completing tasks
• Checking on guest satisfaction and following up on requests where possible and appropriate
• Ensuring the safety and security of the property, Ambassadors, and guests when completing tasks
• Stocking supplies and maintaining inventory levels
• Demonstrating superior customer service attitude with internal / external contacts
• Cleaning of dining room at closing
• Other duties as required
Secondary school diploma preferred
• Food Safe, Serving it Right Certification, Hepatitis A Vaccination required
• Industry-specific certification such as Food & Beverage Server (i.e. emerit) an asset
• 1 year of previous food service experience in a fine dining/upscale restaurant environment
• Cash handling experience including experience with point-of-sale systems, and end-of-shift reconciling required
• Must have flexible availability including evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
• Professional attitude and appearance, and outstanding attention to detail
• Ability to learn menu/drink items and effectively communicate to guests
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team setting to anticipate and assist to another server’s guests’ needs
• Ability to quickly respond to changing work volume; high energy level/speed
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; ability to work safely and in compliance with all health, safety, and sanitation standards
• Not content with the status quo; driven to create positive change and growth
• Exemplifies Coast’s core values and enjoys working in a culture of accountability
Coast Hotels offers a variety of benefits, including competitive wages & benefits, employee discounts, training & development, career advancement opportunities and more!
Please submit your resume with cover letter, by May 29, 2019, in confidence to:
People & Culture Department
Coast Prince George Hotel by APA
Coast Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coast Hotels would like to thank all interested applicants.
However only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO PLACE LIKE COAST!
APPLY NOW! • SERVER • Coast Hotels
Post Date: May 15, 2019 Deadline for Application: May 29, 2019
700 – 535 Thurlow Street
Coast Hotels Corporate Office and Central Reservations department are located in Vancouver BC. We are a dynamic and growing company with hotels throughout BC, Alberta, NWT, YT, and Western United States.