· Take orders for and serve all food and beverage requests, clear tables during service, control guest checks and secure proper payment.
· Ensure station and table set-ups are complete and perform various side duties as assigned by the Outlet Manager.
· Maintain proper condition and cleanliness of dining areas and servicing equipment.
· Ensure that meals are being served in a professional and timely manner
· Attend pre-meal meetings.
· Participate in all supportive functions as needed, by providing direct service to guest, including but not limited to serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests and general duties.
· Work shifts in the club lounge when scheduled, serving food and beverages, and maintaining the club lounge
· Take orders for In Room Dining and deliver the order in a timely manner
· Attend departmental meetings when they are scheduled.
· Follow duties list and any other duties added by the F&B Outlets Manager.
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, a second language is an asset.
· Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
· Must possess basic computer (POS) knowledge, Micros knowledge is an asset.
· Must have Serving it Right Certification.
· Must have Food Safe.
· Minimum of two years’ experience in serving in a high volume restaurant.
· Knowledge of hotel food and beverage operations.
· Knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages.
· Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
· May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
Please submit your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.orgAPPLY NOW! • SERVER & BARTENDER • Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre
Post Date: June 11, 2019 Deadline for Application: July 31, 2019
1088 Burrard St
Since our opening in 1994, the Sheraton Wall Centre has upheld the highest standards of hospitality in the world-class city of Vancouver. Reflecting the beauty and spirit of the West Coast, the hotel is more than three resplendent glass towers at Vancouver’s heart: it depends on an all-important team of hotel professionals dedicated to providing every guest exceptional service. With over 400 associates in various departments, our team works together to ensure the Wall Centre remains exemplary in every way.
We are always looking for passionate talent and accept applications throughout the year. All candidates who apply to the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre are considered based on their individual skill sets and position openings. We emphasize enthusiasm and ability over experience. For those who work hard and consistently demonstrate their aptitude and positive attitude, the opportunities for career growth are endless.