We are a casual dining room with summer patio in wine country with a strong focus on a relaxed family atmosphere with a strong focus on our outdoor BBQ style, serving innovative dishes prepared on and off the bbq. We pride ourselves on cooking with passion high standards. If you are passionate about cooking and want to live and work in Award winning Wine Country, please e-mail your resume to
Natasha Schooten Food and Beverage Manager
Banquet/Sous-Chef Job Purpose:
Works alongside head chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. Provides meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes. The Banquet Chef is also responsible for executing banquets from prep to cooking and presenting the final product for small to large banquets.
Banquet Sous-Chef Job Duties:
• Leads kitchen team in the chef’s absence
• Possesses the ability to handle any menu ranging from breakfast buffets to corporate lunch meetings with sandwiches to receptions and offsite catering.
Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
• Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
• Ensures the Orders coming in on a daily basis are put away in the correct manner according to the Chef, and ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
• Is the main person in all food preparation and presentation with the assistance of other prep cooks for ALL banquets to ensure quality and standards are being upheld
• Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
• Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
• Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
• Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
• Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
• Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
• Monitors the quality of THE banquet meal during the event and then cleans and stores food properly Monitors the quality of the banquet meal during the event
Banquet/Sous Chef - Skills and Qualifications:
Formal Culinary Training, Previous Banquet Experience IS A MUST , Extensive Food and Beverage Knowledge, Restaurant Industry Knowledge, Strong Organizational Skills, Attention to Detail, Knowledge of Restaurant Regulations, Leadership, Management, Positivity, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Self-Motivated, Creative Problem-Solving Skills, Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills, Exceptional Customer-Service Skills. Several years’ experience in the food industry, food production and supervision of kitchen staff.
If you are passionate about cooking and want to live and work in Award winning Wine Country, please e-mail your resume by clicking on the Apply Now button below (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) or call at 250-495-8201, ask for Natasha.APPLY NOW! • BANQUET/SOUS-CHEF • Walnut Beach Resort
Post Date: February 11, 2019 Deadline for Application: March 16, 2019