The Fernie Snowmobile Association is seeking qualified Staging Area Guest Services staff for the upcoming 2020-2021 winter season. Reporting to the FSA Executive Committee, staging area staff serve as front-line ambassadors of our organization and play an integral role in revenue collections and trail user services. The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality and strong knowledge of the regional snowmobile community amenities and trail network.
This is a winter seasonal position Monday – Thursday each week at our Morrissey Trailhead location. Hours of work are 8:30am – 12:30pm each day. There may be opportunities for additional hours and shifts.
$15.60-$20 per hour depending on experience.
· Adhere to safe work procedures, standard operating procedures, and safety legislation
· Perform staging area inspections and basic facilities maintenance
· Reporting unusual conditions or concerns in timely fashion
· Friendly, knowledgeable communications with trail users
· Handle cash transactions including the sale of trail passes, trail guides, and other merchandise
· Check users for annual memberships and day tickets at trailheads
· Complete daily transaction and statistical reports including timely reporting to FSA Administration
· Valid driver’s license
· Ability to safely and reliably access worksite location on a backcountry road in winter conditions (20 minutes outside of town including a 5km drive up a plowed winter backcountry road which may have up to 15cm of snow on it).
· Ability to pass and maintain a clear criminal records check
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Proven work experience with cash handling and sales
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs and ability to email reports to FSA Administration daily
· Knowledge of or ability to learn about FSA trail network, facilities, and events.
· Energetic, positive personality with demonstrated customer service orientation
· Ability to work in an isolated, outdoor work environment in variable weather and conditions.
Please forward a letter of introduction and resume detailing your experience and qualifications to email@example.com.APPLY NOW! • TRAILHEAD GUEST SERVICES • Fernie Snowmobile Association
Post Date: January 7, 2021 Deadline for Application: January 10, 2021