Do you love driving cars? Meeting new people? Are you energetic and fast on your feet? Well then, we are looking for you! We are hiring Valet Attendants to provide service excellence for Parq Vancouver, Vancouver's Newest Premier Entertainment Destination!
A premier luxury destination that is unique to Vancouver and uniquely Vancouver, Parq Vancouver is enveloped in the vibrant pulse of the city for which it is named. Built to LEED Gold Standards, Parq Vancouver offers two high-end lifestyle hotels – western Canada’s first JW Marriott and a first-to-market Autograph Collection hotel, The DOUGLAS – with a combined 517 guest rooms and luxury suites to accommodate the needs of business and leisure travelers. The amenity-laden JW Marriott understated elegance, intuitive service, and modern comfort to guests within masterfully designed interiors by acclaimed Studio Munge. The DOUGLAS, an Autograph Collection Hotel, is named for the majestic Douglas firs that grow throughout British Columbia and lined the banks of Vancouver’s False Creek. Stylish and modern, this property masterfully connects people and place, craft and commerce, and creates a timeless and engaging environment with real-time connectivity for the metropolitan adventurer.
A WestPark Valet Attendant plays a significant role in the success of the company. They are the first person our clients and customers see upon arrival, and the last person our clients & customers see when they depart. A warm welcome, smiling face, and professional demeanor are of the utmost importance.
A day in the life of a Valet...
- Park and retrieve cars like a champ. This means carefully, efficiently, and in a timely manner. Greet all customers by name, take care of their needs, and develop a rapport with each person driving up to your stand.
- Help direct traffic to keep the flow of cars clean and organized, all with a smile on your face!
- Provide a self-reliant attitude when needed. Must be able to work with or without supervision.
- Promote awesome customer relations. Smile, actively listen, go above and beyond!
- Dynamic. You’re charismatic, full of energy, and happy to help in any way you can.
- Dependable. Responsible is your middle name. You never disappoint because it’s not in your nature.
- A good driver with a driving record to prove it. You don’t speed, you’re cautious – ESPECIALLY with other people’s property. You can also drive a standard transmission. (an asset, but not a requirement)
- Great under pressure. You don’t fold and get overwhelmed easily. Instead, you thrive in chaos..
- Excellent communicator, and have the ability to speak, read, and comprehend English easily.
- A team player. You’re open to different opinions and can help motivate your team.
- Valid BC Driver's License
- Ability to drive both automatic and manual transmission
- Background in Hospitality and/or Customer Service an asset.
- Students and recent graduates of hospitality and tourism certificate programs encouraged to apply. Excellent second income opportunity.
- Superb customer service experience.
- Willingness to work in the elements -- heat, wind, snow, rain.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
A great opportunity to get in at the ground level and be rewarded for your service with a smile!
Remuneration is base hourly rate dependent on experience plus tips! Shift premium offeredfor overnights.
We are a Canadian owned and operated company, which prides itself on delivering consistent, exceptional service while creating an inviting experience for guests. At WestPark, our guests come first. WestPark supports an inclusionary and enthusiastic team culture that elevates a unique brand built on integrity, honesty and the pursuit of operational excellence.
We provide exceptional training and flexible scheduling. Our benefits are very competitive amd offered to full-time and part-time employees.